Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

www.northridge4x4.com in the signature

Old 01-26-2009, 05:29 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mmccurdy
Am I the only one who is annoyed by this tactic? I really like Dave and Northridge (I've ordered high dollar items from them in the past and fully plan to do so again), and I have to applaud his ingenuity here, but the result is that the whole site winds up looking like an ad for a single vendor.

Given the fairly draconian policies in place everywhere else on the site about sponsorship, renewal, etc. I'm actually surprised this is allowed to happen...

I should note that I have zero connection to dave, northridge, or for that matter any other vendor, just wondering if I'm alone here.
I have to admit that I really languished over whether to put it in my sig line or not. However, I have ordered a few things from David and got excellent service. In addition, he has been very helpful on the board.

I do think it would be good if the winner had to at least buy something from Dave first, though... Keeps it from being a cliche'. I'm sure for legal purposes, though, it has to be "no purchase necessary" or else there are lottery rules that may apply in certain states.
Old 01-26-2009, 05:41 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by bigbluejk
If all small business had representation like David then maybe they would do better against "evil Empires" like Wal Mart! MK, did you get the Yukon gears on sale? I ordered like a day or two before that deal and I payed $100 more for my Superiors (that just came in today, and are going in tomorrow)... Funny thing is... I thought he messed up when he priced the Yukons for so cheap because my installer called Randy's Ring and Pinion to price some and they quoted him $1100. Maybe they were trying to dick me, but they usually treat me great so I bet that is right.

I always thought Yukon gears were more expensive anyway. I hope he didn't make a mistake, lol. $499 for gears and kits is insane!!!.
Ordered them today at the sale price!
Old 01-26-2009, 05:46 PM
JK Junkie

vvvvvvv I whore myself out for a chance at free swag vvvvvvvvv
Old 01-26-2009, 07:14 PM
JK Freak

The thought occured to me if we put his website in our sig's if might upset the balance of nature, screw up how my flux capacitor works and change the way the earth spins....gosh am I relieved Hey David
Old 01-27-2009, 01:00 PM
Ben
JK Freak

I wonder if I am the only computer geek who sees all these Northridge sigs and thinks off putting www.northBridge.com

Computer geeks will get it, all others will scratch their head.

Any comp guys?

Old 01-27-2009, 07:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mmccurdy
Am I the only one who is annoyed by this tactic? I really like Dave and Northridge (I've ordered high dollar items from them in the past and fully plan to do so again), and I have to applaud his ingenuity here, but the result is that the whole site winds up looking like an ad for a single vendor.

Given the fairly draconian policies in place everywhere else on the site about sponsorship, renewal, etc. I'm actually surprised this is allowed to happen...

I should note that I have zero connection to dave, northridge, or for that matter any other vendor, just wondering if I'm alone here.
You know at first I put the link in my signature, hell who dosn't like free stuff. Then I felt like one of the rats following the Pied Piper. I had to remove it, it just made me feel weird.
Old 01-27-2009, 08:05 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by mkjeep
The economy can't be all that bad as many people on hear that's buying jeep parts.
BUYING? Hell, thats why I put it in my sig cause I'm too poor to buy
Old 01-27-2009, 08:06 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Ben
I wonder if I am the only computer geek who sees all these Northridge sigs and thinks off putting www.northBridge.com

Computer geeks will get it, all others will scratch their head.

Any comp guys?

Guess I'm that guy, cause I don't get it

Last edited by gryph0n; 01-27-2009 at 08:11 PM.
Old 01-27-2009, 08:29 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Bert338
You know at first I put the link in my signature, hell who dosn't like free stuff. Then I felt like one of the rats following the Pied Piper. I had to remove it, it just made me feel weird.

Felt the same way. so I thought I would be a little different help out the other guys on here...

Originally Posted by gryph0n
Guess I'm that guy, cause I don't get it
Right with ya on this one

Last edited by SGT.; 01-27-2009 at 08:37 PM.
Old 01-27-2009, 08:35 PM
JK Newbie

Great idea, I guess I missed this up until now.

Quick Reply: www.northridge4x4.com in the signature