Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

www.northridge4x4.com in the signature

Old 01-26-2009, 10:31 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No problem here with creative marketing. Bet there are a few other people wishing they thought of it. I actually give the guy extra points for being fast on the draw. And yeah, it was kind of fun watching it (the sigs increasing) slowly take hold until it just couldn't be missed.

* The above said with a smile on my face. No anger to anyone, no hate, no lack of respect for anyone.

Duffy out.
Old 01-26-2009, 10:39 AM
JK Freak

if other vendors had the same deal going on, I'm sure there would be a little drop in advertising for David... however, he's got some creativity going, since he came up with it first (at least for this forum).

I've said good things about other vendors, when I've had good experiences.

But heck, I'm not the only one, but I'll be one of the first to admit, I'm a sell out... If Obama chose me to be VP, I'd probably vote for him

Its all on a scale... free stuff for a sig, sure, I'm in! How many people have the JK logo on their jeep? You probably had to pay for that decal.

If Donavee gave me a jeep, I'd advertise for them all day long!

all that being said, I just realized my sig is not a qualifier yet... gotta fix that.
Old 01-26-2009, 10:39 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by bigbluejk
awesome... one less to compete with when the free stuff starts to fly!, btw his customer service is second to none. I would run his banner for nuthin and if anyone wants to know how my experience with his company was please PM me.
Same here, I called him before the givaway to ask how to put the "I shop at Northridge Banner up" off his website. I'm computer stupid ,so it took me awile just to get a link up. Advertising is what helps to run this site, in case the naysayers didn't know, there is waaaaayyyyy more info and help on this site than others and you get it for FREE. I think WOL has done a great service to all of us who have bought the new JK model. Hell, he ussually has the TSB's out before the dealers do. Not to mention staying on top of the aftermarket supply of goodies . If you bad mouthers don't like it, I say Have a nice day! Oh, btw, just ordered 5.13's on sale from NORTHRIDGE4X4
Old 01-26-2009, 10:44 AM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

In this tough economy, people are getting laid off and businesses are crumbling. This was a great idea by David, and if it sparks a couple of more sales for him, then why the hell not??? I'm all for it, and added it to my signature today.

Last edited by armycop; 01-26-2009 at 10:47 AM.
Old 01-26-2009, 10:57 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The economy can't be all that bad as many people on hear that's buying jeep parts.
Old 01-26-2009, 11:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mmccurdy
Am I the only one who is annoyed by this tactic? I really like Dave and Northridge (I've ordered high dollar items from them in the past and fully plan to do so again), and I have to applaud his ingenuity here, but the result is that the whole site winds up looking like an ad for a single vendor.

Given the fairly draconian policies in place everywhere else on the site about sponsorship, renewal, etc. I'm actually surprised this is allowed to happen...

I should note that I have zero connection to dave, northridge, or for that matter any other vendor, just wondering if I'm alone here.
Yep you're alone
Old 01-26-2009, 11:47 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If all small business had representation like David then maybe they would do better against "evil Empires" like Wal Mart! MK, did you get the Yukon gears on sale? I ordered like a day or two before that deal and I payed $100 more for my Superiors (that just came in today, and are going in tomorrow)... Funny thing is... I thought he messed up when he priced the Yukons for so cheap because my installer called Randy's Ring and Pinion to price some and they quoted him $1100. Maybe they were trying to dick me, but they usually treat me great so I bet that is right.

I always thought Yukon gears were more expensive anyway. I hope he didn't make a mistake, lol. $499 for gears and kits is insane!!!.
Old 01-26-2009, 02:13 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by MJS_Jeep_888
We are Borg. We are many. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.
If this is the Borg, assimilate away.........

Old 01-26-2009, 04:49 PM
JK Super Freak

Just because David and Northridge4x4 rocks.
Well, the give away doesn't hurt
Old 01-26-2009, 05:05 PM
JK Freak

Default yep

you said it.

Quick Reply: www.northridge4x4.com in the signature