Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

www.northridge4x4.com in the signature

Old 01-26-2009, 08:16 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SONIC
kinda like making a dog do a trick for a treat LOL
Woof! Woof!
Old 01-26-2009, 08:34 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mmccurdy
Am I the only one who is annoyed by this tactic? I really like Dave and Northridge (I've ordered high dollar items from them in the past and fully plan to do so again), and I have to applaud his ingenuity here, but the result is that the whole site winds up looking like an ad for a single vendor.

Given the fairly draconian policies in place everywhere else on the site about sponsorship, renewal, etc. I'm actually surprised this is allowed to happen...

I should note that I have zero connection to dave, northridge, or for that matter any other vendor, just wondering if I'm alone here.
*chirp* *chirp*

so far, your the only one i know of that has a problem with entering a giveaway.
Old 01-26-2009, 08:44 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Am I the only one who is annoyed by this tactic? I really like Dave and Northridge (I've ordered high dollar items from them in the past and fully plan to do so again), and I have to applaud his ingenuity here, but the result is that the whole site winds up looking like an ad for a single vendor.

Given the fairly draconian policies in place everywhere else on the site about sponsorship, renewal, etc. I'm actually surprised this is allowed to happen...

I should note that I have zero connection to dave, northridge, or for that matter any other vendor, just wondering if I'm alone here.
I do respect your opinion, but I dont really think the policies are draconian. There is really only one underlying rule; Dont post websites from non-sponers on the forum. All the others sponsers should be more than welcome to do the same sort of drawings (hint, hint!). You also have to remeber the majority of Davids advertising is word of mouth because of the small overhead family run buisness, unlike other sponsers like quadratec that actually have large budgets. And David has swallowed enough in shipping fees for me (i live in Germany) that I dont mine thowing a bone out to him drawing or not.
Old 01-26-2009, 09:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have to agree as well. I'm a happy customer of Northridge... I ordered my suspension from David in December and placed two more orders since. That said, seeing the web address plastered all over doesn't do much for the user experience... especially given some individuals' idea of creativity (giant fonts, loud color schemes, etc)! It's a great marketing gimmick, though. No knock against David or his business, but I hope others don't follow suit or the site will soon look like billboard row.

Last edited by Roxster; 01-27-2009 at 10:21 PM. Reason: Clarification
Old 01-26-2009, 09:50 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

To explain a little,

I kept getting calls from guys asking if they posted a link in there sig can they get a discount.

We also had numerous customers who did it on there own.

So I though it would be fun to do a giveaway. We are not forcing anybody to take part in it. If it becomes to big of a issue for some then we will get rid of it.

But does it really bother some people that much?

Oh and by the way we did ask permission before doing it.

David
Old 01-26-2009, 09:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

I see no issues.
Free stuff pretty much rules, and if the site admins are down with it, all is right with the world.
Old 01-26-2009, 09:57 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by mikeyfl
consider it online herpes.

if youre not careful, you will get it soon!
Old 01-26-2009, 09:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

Well...

I'm in. I haven't even ordered anything from there (yet), but hey...

Who DOESN'T like free stuff??
Old 01-26-2009, 10:17 AM
JK Super Freak

As for myself putting the link in my signature...considering that the majority of aftermarket parts on my Jeep have come from David and Northridge....I don't consider it anything more than word of mouth expression on what I think about them.

The giveaway is just icing on the cake.
Old 01-26-2009, 10:25 AM
JK Jedi

awesome... one less to compete with when the free stuff starts to fly!, btw his customer service is second to none. I would run his banner for nuthin and if anyone wants to know how my experience with his company was please PM me.

Quick Reply: www.northridge4x4.com in the signature