Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Is this wrong?

Old 12-29-2008, 10:49 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jtphoto JK
That looks like an X to me, not a Rubicon! How can you I.D. it as Rubicon? There are no rock rails..
I'm guessing mostly based on the one for sale in eBay....pretty much identical, and it states its a Rubicon
Old 12-30-2008, 06:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That thing needs to be, either, set on fire, or driven off a cliff, for its' own good.... Hopefully with the owner/torturer in it.

Ick
Old 12-30-2008, 01:57 PM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

A lot of you aren't looking at the more interesting facets of this....

I doubt that is the skater's ride, more than likely there are several of these that are 'dub edition' JKs. I'm sure some shop made a few of them, put DUB magazine's stuff on there and jacked up the price.

I'd like to know who is making them, like them or not, its some nice custom work. I'd like to know what they are doing on the inside as well.
Old 12-30-2008, 02:38 PM
JK Super Freak

Google search tells me Ryan Sheckler lives in San Clemente, Ca...which is aprx 45 min to an hr North of San Diego. Easily could be his ride. He's cashed up and probebly has several vehicles. The older guy could have been his dad or brother or what ever.

I'm not in to big wheels with rubberband tires on any type of ride. I do like stock big rims like on the Lexus and Infiniti SUV's. I do think that JK is sweet for that category of vehicles since the top comes off.

Can we call that particular JK a "car"? I don't think god would kill any kittens considering the lack of offroadability.
Old 12-30-2008, 04:55 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why do rich people buy new cars, waste all the money on it, and then sale it so soon? It doesn't make much sense. Someone has to be taken a hit on this piece of garbage.
Old 12-30-2008, 05:07 PM
JK Freak

That should be illegal, but that's just my take on it!
Old 12-30-2008, 06:46 PM
JK Newbie

I guess I am confused. Firstly, I think he should do what he wants. I love driving my jeep on the road. Best car/truck/whatever I have ever had. I also have a Harley Softail Custom. I have seen people chrome them out totally, build them custom ground up, and drive them about as far as the local coffee shop. I wouldn't say that they are bikers, course, I also wouldn't say that they don't have another bike they use for whatever.

If the guy has cash to burn, he might have the mud crawler from hell tucked away in his garage. So, before you call him out on that, I'd think about it for a second. Does he own more than one jeep? Is it maybe done up that way for a magazine, or a car show, or maybe even his girl?

Impossible to say without more info. Wonder what it looks like inside? Maybe a hemi under the hood?

Now, would I do that to my only jeep? Probably not. I think most of the people here have it right. And if I was going to drop coin like that into a jeep, it'd be for lifts, winches, built in fire suppresion, and functional rubber. As well as the nav/sat/comms system of my dreams. But, to each their own.

You never know why he bought a rubicon. It might be for towing capacity, as far as I can tell.

But, no one knows what will happen if he ever tries to take it offroad with those tires.

Curt
Old 12-31-2008, 05:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

God should just go ahead and kill a kitten!
Old 12-31-2008, 05:35 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MJS_Jeep_888
That thing looks like it'd be right at home in an old Vanilla Ice video... I can picture it now:

"Rollin', in my 3.8,
Get no love from the Jeepers,
Yo, all's they do is hate!
Word to your mother."

Old 12-31-2008, 07:08 PM
JK Super Freak

Is that really a "Jeep Thing"?

Quick Reply: Is this wrong?