Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Wrecked Jeep!

Old 11-04-2008, 05:03 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If she is having pains, get her checked out. Sorry about the jeep, but the great thing about jeeps is after it is rebuilt, you will be less worried about taking in on trails and so forth. Like the 6million dollar man or jeep, you can rebuild her
Old 11-04-2008, 05:17 PM
JK Newbie

Thumbs down Geico

Several years ago my 2 year old "TJ" was hit by a pickup truck that was insured through Geico. The "TJ" was legally parked in my driveway and this dude in the truck lost it and wiped out. Damage to the "TJ" was estimated at over $18K and Geico refused to total it. They wanted to fix it in a body shop, said it'd be as good as new when done. Geesh, the frame was bent like a pretzel and the engine was pushed about 2 feet into the passenger compartment.

At the time, the Blue Book on the "TJ" was $20,500, I can't figure why they wouldn't total it. I refused to settle with them unless they totaled it, they refused to budge and we were at a stand off.

This BS went on for nearly 3 years years, book value on the "TJ" dropped to about $12,000 in this time, Geico still wouldn't total it. I finally said 'screw this' and had the "TJ" towed to a salvage yard and I got $1250 for it in it's damaged condition. I bought a new "TJ" and got on with my life, any other insurance company would have totaled it.

I lost big time, Geico was the victor in this pissing match. I still haven't received a dime for the "TJ" my only recourse would be to sue in court but I despise lawsuits and won't go that route.

Good luck on yours, hope Geico will settle with you.

Last edited by Hitchhiker; 11-04-2008 at 05:21 PM.
Old 11-04-2008, 09:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

that sucks...sorry to hear about this
Old 11-04-2008, 10:13 PM
JK Jedi Master

Good luck, I feel your pain!

Quick Reply: Wrecked Jeep!