Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Wrecked Jeep!

Old 11-02-2008, 03:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Cruiser
Glad your OK but if your wife is having the seatbelt pains already keep an eye on her.. My wife had a lot of internal bruising from the seatbelt and luckily no permanent damage. But its common to get deep severe bruises front the belt.. Get a good lawyer, not an ambulance chaser, and if you have any pain you should at least get checked out by a DR. would suck to have something come up later. Geico is not the most fun to deal with but since you both have it you should be covered well,, do you have gap ins?
Yes I have gap insurance. But that only gets used if the vehicle is totalled correct?
Old 11-02-2008, 04:30 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by J.C. Keller
Yes I have gap insurance. But that only gets used if the vehicle is totalled correct?

Shouldn't be. But I'm not certain. I do know a lot of states are required to pay "diminished value." We got $1,800 (which we were not expecting!) because the value of the vehicle is messed up just for being wrecked. With all that carfax.com stuff now, there's no hiding anything, and states are recognizing that. It's not a ton, but it helps some!
Old 11-02-2008, 04:46 PM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by J.C. Keller
Well it happened today. We where on our way to church.
And WAMMO! Woman in a mini van blows a stop sign and pulls out in front of me, I slammed on the brakes anti lock did it's job but not enough. When I hit the horn she stepped on the gas instead of the brakes. I had no where to go! Hit her with the driverside front corner, in her rear passenger wheel fender.

Tore up the jeep pretty bad. Bumper, metal bumper frame, grill, fender, tire, inner fender, fender bracket, quarter panel, possibly the hood, and who knows what else.

I am affraid the insurance company is going to stiff me, We both have Geico.
Any body have any tips in coming through this with as little monitary damage as possible?

This is the first new vehicle I've owned and the first accident!

I was involved in a three vehicle accident where the girl who hit a Jeep behind my truck pushed that Jeep into me. It was her fault. She had Geico, as did I. I was VERY pleased with Geico. Actually, I always have been. We have had them almost ten years now.
Old 11-02-2008, 05:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

We have been with Geico for a very long time also, this is the first time I've had to have them do there job. I guess I am just affraid of the unknown???
Old 11-03-2008, 07:17 AM
JK Super Freak

Geico is well known and respectable, but the most important thing is that no one was hurt!!
Old 11-03-2008, 10:38 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yep,, gap is for total loss,, I was just thinking much worse for jeep damage.. The jeeps stand up very well in collisions.. way better than cars and some other trucks.. You should have everything fixed to perfect without exception.. Geico is good when they are YOUR insurer.. being both,, just keep an eye on them.. I do not trust ins. companies.. at all.. The ins co for the woman that took us out called several days later and tried to get me to say "we were alright" on the phone,,, I had a broken neck at the time and my wife could barely move.. I informed her my lawyer would be in touch then they got nasty. So,, just cover your bases..
Old 11-03-2008, 03:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

Adjuster looked at the Jeep today. I should know tomorrow what the damage is.
Old 11-03-2008, 03:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

Sorry to hear about the jeep, but the important thing is that everyone is ok. Jeeps can be replaced, loved ones can't
Old 11-04-2008, 03:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Update

The damage came to $3275.
I think everything is covered that needs to be.
The only thing I really don't like is the hood will be repaired instead of replaced. Even though it is just a small crease at the front driverside corner.
I'm worried about matching up the metallic paint.

The thing that I am not happy with is the diminished value they quoted is only $465. That seems very low for a vehicle less than one year old in perfect condition with only 11000 miles on it.
Does any body else have a comparison or location to find this information on the net?
Old 11-04-2008, 04:07 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If its a good shop the paint will not be an issue..

Quick Reply: Wrecked Jeep!