Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

wreck

Old 12-27-2008, 07:08 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Another thing to think about... If the bank holds the title, they may demand it be repaired to OEM speck. Sometimes the insurance has to contact the lien holder that damage has been done, sometimes you are required to contact the lien holder. I had a person hit my truck and tear the bed up (the truck was 3 days old) the bank wasn't involved at all. I had a Mustang get hit and I had a harder time dealing with the bank than I had with the insurance or shop.
I have also had the person who hit me have the same insurance as me... That's when the insurance really tries to screw you.
Old 09-25-2009, 06:44 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by wrnglrguy
I agree with the above posters. It's fine to do the work yourself and upgrade, but I would at least take it to a reputable shop and find out exactly what is wrong and what needs fixed.

Yes, take it to a shop, find out what is wrong and what needs fixed. Get an estimate from about three different places. If it was the other guys fault and he has insurance then you will get a check for the repairs. Then you can take that check and buy the parts you need and fix it yourself and maybe come out with some upgraded parts and money in your pocket.
Old 09-25-2009, 06:49 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by bigjeepmm
thanks for your replys. the only reason i was thinking about fixing the jeep myself was the wreck happened when i was going about 25mph. it hit the corner of the bumper along with the fender. the damage that i can note is the steering wheel is cocked upside down and the esp/bas light is now on (maybe steering wheel placement? it drives the same no new noises. i will get the estimates from the dealership. just didny know if anyone else had done this and had the problems with the lights on
The ESP/BAS lights will come on and stay on if your steering wheel is to far off center. If you re-center it they will go off after you drive a few miles with is fixed....I think it is about 10 miles and they go off.
Old 09-25-2009, 06:51 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Holy post resurrection batman!
Old 09-25-2009, 06:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by HappyCurmudgeon
Holy post resurrection batman!
That's what I was thiniking
Old 09-25-2009, 07:16 AM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mr_natural78
Yes, take it to a shop, find out what is wrong and what needs fixed. Get an estimate from about three different places. If it was the other guys fault and he has insurance then you will get a check for the repairs. Then you can take that check and buy the parts you need and fix it yourself and maybe come out with some upgraded parts and money in your pocket.
Was it really necessary to respond to a 10 month old thread with no new information?

Quick Reply: wreck