Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

wreck

Old 12-25-2008, 08:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default thanks

thanks for your replys. the only reason i was thinking about fixing the jeep myself was the wreck happened when i was going about 25mph. it hit the corner of the bumper along with the fender. the damage that i can note is the steering wheel is cocked upside down and the esp/bas light is now on (maybe steering wheel placement? it drives the same no new noises. i will get the estimates from the dealership. just didny know if anyone else had done this and had the problems with the lights on
Old 12-25-2008, 02:23 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

As a former State Farm adjuster I can tell you that if you are a CLAIMANT ( they hit you) You are under NO obligation to take your vehicle to any shop or to even get it repaired. The insurance company is required to pay your repair costs based on the locally prevailing rate. Get an independent estimate so you have an idea of your retail costs. Let the insurance company inspect your vehicle and write an initial estimate at the shop of your choice. Start out Friday by declaring your vehicle NOT DRIVABLE due to suspension damage. Get them to put you in a rental car, this will cause them to speed up your claim because of their rental car costs. Go thru the whole schmeer and when the shop notifys you to okay repairs based on the insurance company's estimate then call the claims handler and tell them you want to be paid DIRECT. the shop won't mind, many people decide not to get there vehicles repaired at the first shop. Make sure the estimate inspection EMPHASIS is on the SUSPENSION of the jeep. Any idiot inspector can see the fender and bumper, but it takes a little EFFORT to inspect the bottom. It really would be much better for you to get the whole job in-house......
Old 12-26-2008, 12:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default issues with insurance after wreck

ok as stated in a previous post i wrecked the jk. it was not my fault. the girls insurance is now complaining about me getting a 4x4 rental car instead of a standard size car. after 4 phone calls it is finally approved for me to get the suv rental then the cry baby of an insuarnce agent then decides to tell me that he only has 7000 to fix my car that has yet to be inspected due to the holidays. i then asked what would happen if my damage exceeds that he said i would have to talk with my insurance company and possible go to court . WTF?
Old 12-26-2008, 12:16 PM
JK Freak

If your insurance company is not involved you need to get them involved. They will deal with the other insurance company and any legal problems. Thats what their there for....so get them involved and protect your and their interests.
Old 12-26-2008, 12:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

x2 They should pay all that it costs. So what did they give you for a rental a JK
Old 12-26-2008, 12:29 PM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

FYI, I merged your two threads - its not necessary to have two.
Old 12-27-2008, 06:05 AM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

They are trying to pressure you into making quick decisions..... stick to your guns....
Old 12-27-2008, 06:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

Old 12-27-2008, 06:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

Same thing happened to me some British tourist t-boned me damaging the front drivers side(she was charged). Carstar had my jeep for 7 weeks. First they only give me a car sh!t out of luck getting to work when I tow a trailer. Then I had to drive to grimsby 30min each way to get the police report to get it to my insurance company a week after the accident so they could start the paperwork WTF. After bugging the hell out of them that I can't work without a comparable vehicle they said they couldn't upgrade until they had the paperwork to say who was at fault. Then I drive to St. kitts to buy $40.00 a police sketch of the accident which any 5 year old could draw. Finally put me in '09 4x4 Colorado which made me appreciate and miss the JK more. So then I'm stuck loading and unloading everyday. They charged my insurance company over 10 grand and $675 for one sidestep (plastic Sahara) It didn't quite match as the new ones have a slight lip on the body side, so I said I wanted them to match so they gave me a cheque for $675 to replace the other side. Body shop was being pissy with me for being anal about it but I had stressed to the guy prior to install during estimate I would like to use the broken sidestep money for an aftermarket equivalent to bad for them since I phoned my insurance company and let know they could have saved $675.
Old 12-27-2008, 06:51 AM
JK Freak

I have had this happen to me, where the adjuster said we can only alot this much to repair your vehicle. I demanded the vehicle be totalled if it wouldn't be fixed right. its a total BS game is what it is. Out of all the accidents I have been into, I have not brought my insurance company into it, unless it was my fault. The guy is BSin'g you. I would call my insurance and get some advice from them. They will always help you out, especially if you are trying tos ave them money.

Quick Reply: wreck