Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Wrangler related parking/moving violations

Old 09-10-2010, 09:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wrangler related parking/moving violations

Just got a parking ticket for leaving jeep flexed in my friends driveway...(suposibly I was parked on sidewalk). this is bs I'm pissed as hell...Anyone else get obserd tickets just cuz u have the coolest vehicle made????
Old 09-10-2010, 10:55 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Lazurus930
Just got a parking ticket for leaving jeep flexed in my friends driveway...(suposibly I was parked on sidewalk). this is bs I'm pissed as hell...Anyone else get obserd tickets just cuz u have the coolest vehicle made????
Did you take pictures? Always take pictures of your car when you get a parking ticket when your in the right. I've taken pics of my jeep when I've gotten tickets when a tree branch was hiding the no parking sign. Didn't have to pay for the tickets both times it happened.

PS. Were you off the driveway in anyway?
Old 09-11-2010, 02:40 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

Someone a while back got a ticket or a warning or something for parking at work on a snow bank. LOL.
Old 09-11-2010, 02:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

Lightbulb

Yea I took pictures was pissed!! They better void this tires were prolly an inch from side walk... worst part is I leave my jeep parked flexed on a tree trunk in front of my house and in the 3 years haven here I've never goten any type of ticket for that......ima go park the jeep on the stairs of the court house and tehen say the ticket is valid! Lolol.
Old 09-11-2010, 05:17 PM
JK Newbie

You live in Jersey. Everything's illegal there and the cops tend to be strict. I know, I grew up there.
Old 09-11-2010, 06:25 PM
JK Super Freak

I got a ticket for parking on a median at a movie theatre...the theatre was parked and it was winter, so there were huge piles of snow taking up alot of spaces...

Whatever, I did it, I paid it and I wont do it again...it wasnt worth the $50
Old 09-11-2010, 06:52 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Lazurus930
Yea I took pictures was pissed!! They better void this tires were prolly an inch from side walk... worst part is I leave my jeep parked flexed on a tree trunk in front of my house and in the 3 years haven here I've never goten any type of ticket for that......ima go park the jeep on the stairs of the court house and tehen say the ticket is valid! Lolol.
You took the pictures...well where are they!?
Old 09-12-2010, 11:49 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rawb77
You took the pictures...well where are they!?
+1. Pics, or we all assume you deserved it.
Old 09-12-2010, 12:16 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Wrangler related parking/moving violations

Assuming you pulled across the sidewalk and into the driveway. If your rear tires are about an inch from the sidewalk I would guess you were blocking the sidewalk with all of the vehicle that is behind the rear tires and hanging over top of the sidewalk. Same would go for the front bumper and you backed into the driveway, your front bumper would be obstructing the sidewalk with your tires being only an inch away from the edge of the sidewalk.

Pics would help though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-14-2010, 08:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

Varies, but when I was still living with my parents the local law was as long as the tires were not on the sidewalk, it was legal... you could be hanging over 1-2 feet with the body and bumpers, but as long as the tires were on the driveway I was fine.

Quick Reply: Wrangler related parking/moving violations