Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Wrangler 2011 .....Will has 280hp !!!!!!!!!!!

Old 04-11-2009, 06:30 AM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by mrblah
that's how bmw does it, although the shape is the same as an oil filter, I never understood why more did not switch to that style instead of wasting material with screw on filters
That's simple. Because people don't like gittin messy.

As for the 280 HP thing....it'll never happen.
Old 04-11-2009, 06:50 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the wheels and tires on that thing are WAY to small. it looks kind of silly
Old 04-11-2009, 04:47 PM
JK Newbie

The thing that i don't like about it and other newer motors are the overhead cams (OHC). I got my Dakota in 03 (last year for the 3.9L) and not 04 (new 3.7L) for that reason. I still feel that motors in trucks (and jeeps for that matter) should be Pushrod motors. If anything for simplicity. OHC add a lot of parts and that is not something you might want back in the woods. Don't get me wrong if the numbers were there it would be impressive, but I think I would stick with the 3.8L. Some of you think the 3.8 is hard to work on, did you see were the sparkplugs are on the new 3.6. Might have to take off the upper intake manifold to get the the right bank. I have too on my Galant GTZ! Yes OHCs rev quicker and generaly have more power, but most of the pushrod motors still have more low end torque. In the past, most manufactures have been pushrod for the bigger cars (and trucks) and OHC for the sports cars.

Wish they would just put a Diesel in it damn it!!!!

Later

House
Old 04-11-2009, 05:08 PM
JK Freak

x2 on the diesel, but dohc is where it's at
Old 04-11-2009, 05:22 PM
JK Jedi

DOHC might be where it's at if they gave the JK 24 valves like most other modern DOHC V6 engines.
Old 04-11-2009, 05:53 PM
JK Newbie

Funny that you both say that but in the mustang world, everyone wishes they would have kept the 5.0 instead of the 4.6.

later

House
Old 04-11-2009, 07:43 PM
JK Freak

WTF my wife is gonna KILL ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-11-2009, 07:56 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by LedZepp877
it's no longer the phoenix v6, it's the pentastar v6 and allpar has rumored for sometime that the wrangler will get a direct injection version of the 3.6 due to the higher tolerance of engine noise
Yes, but definitely not in 2011. The 3.8l isn't scheduled to be phased out till 2014 IIRC. But, that's not saying they won't offer a 3.6l in the JK a few years before then...
Originally Posted by House
The thing that i don't like about it and other newer motors are the overhead cams (OHC). I got my Dakota in 03 (last year for the 3.9L) and not 04 (new 3.7L) for that reason. I still feel that motors in trucks (and jeeps for that matter) should be Pushrod motors. If anything for simplicity. OHC add a lot of parts and that is not something you might want back in the woods. Don't get me wrong if the numbers were there it would be impressive, but I think I would stick with the 3.8L. Some of you think the 3.8 is hard to work on, did you see were the sparkplugs are on the new 3.6. Might have to take off the upper intake manifold to get the the right bank. I have too on my Galant GTZ! Yes OHCs rev quicker and generaly have more power, but most of the pushrod motors still have more low end torque. In the past, most manufactures have been pushrod for the bigger cars (and trucks) and OHC for the sports cars.
One of the best things about the 3.8l, and one of the reasons Jeep chose the 3.8l, is due to its simplistic design. Its a very simple engine and easy to work on for a late model engine. I don't know how anyone could logically argue that the 3.8l is hard to work on. Everything is easy to get to and there is plenty of room under the hood. I mean, its not an old school carbed engine with no emmissions controls, but its as good as we could have hoped for.
Old 04-11-2009, 07:58 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Offroadme
the wheels and tires on that thing are WAY to small. it looks kind of silly
That one has the 20" wheels/tire option and it only looks funnry when the adjustable suspension is set to its maximum ride height setting. It has 11" of ground clearance in the offroad II setting.
Old 04-12-2009, 07:12 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by House
The thing that i don't like about it and other newer motors are the overhead cams (OHC)

Am I readin this right? It sounds like you think the 3.8 is a DOHC motor. It ain't.

Quick Reply: Wrangler 2011 .....Will has 280hp !!!!!!!!!!!