Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Wrangler 2011 Call of Duty vs. 2012 Base Rubicon

Old 04-02-2012, 07:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Another vote for the 2012 rubi. Better everything.
Old 04-02-2012, 07:28 AM
JK Junkie

2012 rubi for sure. Not even a choice in my eyes.
Old 04-02-2012, 10:33 AM
JK Freak

Either would make you happy, And if the 11 was 5k lower then the 12 you'd be silly not to take it. (unless you are loaded and 5k doesnt mean much) The 12 is nice but I dont like the TQ range. As others have said when it is crawling it revs kinda high. But for the same price if your not a hardcore offroader then go 12 all the way.

And people on the thread are funny, calling the COD rubicon ish, features of a rubicon, not as good as a 12 sport. Id put my stock COD rubicon vs a stock 12 sport anyday. The fact is the cod wrangler is a rubicon. The only difference is that they removed the rubicon sticker and added other crap. Go look at a windshield sticker, It says 2011 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Special Addition.
Old 04-02-2012, 01:04 PM
JK Newbie

Well, my offer on the 2012 Rubi was accepted. Only thing is they had a hard time finding one (black or silver). I even looked online and couldn't find any in a 100km vacinity. Anyhow only black one they found had leather seats (1000$ more). So i took it. Now only question is will you all laugh at me for having leather seats?
Old 04-02-2012, 02:00 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Stevedion
Well, my offer on the 2012 Rubi was accepted. Only thing is they had a hard time finding one (black or silver). I even looked online and couldn't find any in a 100km vacinity. Anyhow only black one they found had leather seats (1000$ more). So i took it. Now only question is will you all laugh at me for having leather seats?
Sure some of us don't like leather, I don't like it in ANY VEHICLE, but it is your rig....do you like it? That's all that matters really. I can't stand the four door but lots of folks seem to be happy with theirs. Just enjoy it and don't worry about the rest of us, just don't forget the wave. Congrats!!!!!!
Old 04-02-2012, 02:02 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by B.S.

Sure some of us don't like leather, I don't like it in ANY VEHICLE, but it is your rig....do you like it? That's all that matters really. I can't stand the four door but lots of folks seem to be happy with theirs. Just enjoy it and don't worry about the rest of us, just don't forget the wave. Congrats!!!!!!
Oh and a big applause for getting a manual.....it is the only way to roll in a Jeep!!!
Old 04-03-2012, 03:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

Not really, just make sure you keep the leather conditioned and you will be fine, plus they're lot easier to clean up.
Old 04-03-2012, 03:53 AM
JK Freak

What scares me is the first year model. The old 3.8 has been around a long time and is pretty stable. No?
Yes. It has been around. And proven itself (3.8) to be a turd.
Old 04-03-2012, 04:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Anyhow only black one they found had leather seats (1000$ more). So i took it. Now only question is will you all laugh at me for having leather seats?
Not laufging here. There was a time i would have maybe chuckled at the notion of leather in a Wrangler. I also thought it was strange to see 4 doors on a Wrangler and power locks and windows. However, i have adapted... mostly, i still dont like the body color matched hard top but I did order a 4 door JK with power and leather. I did keep it manual 6spd though, the one thing I beleive that really made it difficult to find a JK that was an Unlimited and also had leather.
Good choice.
Old 04-03-2012, 05:50 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ToolManTimTaylor
This was too funny and applies to so many other scenerios. The stick figure allluded to there being better kits in the same price range that use Control arms. He doesnt mention them by name. What are they?

To stay on topic I just ordered a Rubicon as well. While the COD was nice looking, the 2012 Rubi's options are too good to consider going with a 2011 COD IMHO.

Quick Reply: Wrangler 2011 Call of Duty vs. 2012 Base Rubicon