Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Wow....what a deal! What do you think????

Old 06-16-2010, 02:32 PM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Here is a pic of my new Rubi! I haven't added anything except for the gas cover, tail light guards, and cb. I still have to do my front bumper mod....just haven't had the time yet. I'm also looking to do a design of some sort on the side...just can't come up with anything yet. Does anyone want to share their designs on their jeeps??? I need to see some ideas so I can make mine totally different!
Old 06-16-2010, 02:35 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by abock33
Already trying to sell your silver one???

congratz on the deal though.
No, but I just meant if someone lives around here, I can probably help them out and get a good price for them.....that's all. LOL!
The way I look at it, you only live once, so why not.....as long as you don't go broke! I'm a penny pincher, and very careful with these deals........I don't lose money anytime I trade.
Old 06-16-2010, 03:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by stonewhite
Here is a pic of my new Rubi! I haven't added anything except for the gas cover, tail light guards, and cb. I still have to do my front bumper mod....just haven't had the time yet. I'm also looking to do a design of some sort on the side...just can't come up with anything yet. Does anyone want to share their designs on their jeeps??? I need to see some ideas so I can make mine totally different!
Silver is the way to go. As mentioned earlier in the thread, it hides the scratches well. Well done, time to update your profile.
Old 06-16-2010, 08:37 PM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you miss the surf blue, put some blue accents on the silver Jeep, I think it will look great! Some blue racing stripes on the hood and some black/blue seatcovers and interior trim would look good on silver. I have yellow accents inside my Detonator Yellow.
Old 06-17-2010, 05:32 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by armycop
If you miss the surf blue, put some blue accents on the silver Jeep, I think it will look great! Some blue racing stripes on the hood and some black/blue seatcovers and interior trim would look good on silver. I have yellow accents inside my Detonator Yellow.
That is what I was thinking of...now I have to come up with a design! I was thinking of a splatter effect, like mud and maybe a tire track going through it......I just can't get the design just right at this point!
Old 06-17-2010, 08:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

Congrats on the new(er) Rubi! When mine was sitting on the lot waiting for me to pick it up, The salesman said he had several offers on it so I can see where they would be willing to deal some but that was a no-brainer.

Bring it down to my neck of the woods this weekend, we will give it a good workout!
Old 06-17-2010, 12:37 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by MaineRubi
Congrats on the new(er) Rubi! When mine was sitting on the lot waiting for me to pick it up, The salesman said he had several offers on it so I can see where they would be willing to deal some but that was a no-brainer.

Bring it down to my neck of the woods this weekend, we will give it a good workout!
What ya planning on doing in Lisbon this weekend??? Off road park perhaps???
Old 06-17-2010, 02:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

Planning on hitting All Wheels in Lewiston Saturday morning. Come on down!

I'll put something in the NE section as well and see who bites...
Old 06-18-2010, 12:02 AM
JK Freak

i dont get why they wanted to buy yours when whoever was looking for it at the dealer couldnt just order one with that color.

btw i hope your warranty is reset

and with the hit or miss engine problems i hope you got a good one.

drive the hell out of it before you mod it to see if that motor is worth keeping
Old 06-18-2010, 02:50 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

sometimes they get a customer who just HAS to have what THEY WANT and NOW!!.. sop chances are there were no rubis like in the area.. chances are the deal was made on the other end because that customer likely paid more than what the OP's jeep was worth...

slightly used rubi exactly what they want and now.. to order one they wouldve waited till at least end of september to get it....

I have no idea why the customer wanted the blue jeep so bad... it couldve been for any reason... could even be a movie or TV shoot...

so the dealer goes to the OP and says "hey let me put you in this jeep"... so they not only get the silver rubi out of inventory and marked as a "sold".. they also get another customer what they want.. and like I say probably at more than what it technically worth...

however i will say like others that dealers use lots of tactics to get you into their show rooms.... like " send out coupons for 3 free oil changes - while you wait".. of course what do most people do when their in the service?? go walk the show-room and the lot..

local dealer here sent me a nice "care packet" the other day for that reason... 'get $12,000 off a new vehicle'.. oh and here is a couple free oil changes... of course it gets me thinking... you know ive kind of been going to go back to a 2 door... and would like a sahara with mygig.... a quick trip to the internet put me back to my senses... all they had was a silver hard top 2 door X with no power group, single CD and no infinity..

but those tactics do work....

-Christopher

Quick Reply: Wow....what a deal! What do you think????