Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Wow....what a deal! What do you think????

Old 06-11-2010, 04:09 AM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ok, I haven't had any issues with mine yet....but my body does. I was in an accident many years ago, and it messed my neck/back up. I have driven other standards in years past, nothing ever bothered me. Since I've been driving this one, my legs have been killing me. Basically aching every time I have to shift. That is why I'm considering doing this deal. A lot of people said that the silver is also a neutral color and that I can add almost any design/colors to it and it will look great!
The silver one has an auto tranny and a hardtop...that is the only difference.
I'm still waiting to call them to see what they have to say.
Old 06-11-2010, 04:11 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dear Mr. Stonewhite. My name is Mumbambi Talumbo. I am the assistant to the President of Nigeria. We are contacting you to inform you that a much distant relative of yours has passed away. He was worth much money. As you being the relative closest we can find please contact us immediately so that we can arrange the transfer to your bank account in the amount of $18,500,000 USD.

Sincerely,
Mumbambi Talumbo
Old 06-11-2010, 04:56 AM
JK Freak

I wouild be very very very careful when dealing with any salesman period. Get everything in writing up front before you sign anything. This is either a trick or they are desperate for a sale, be careful.
Old 06-11-2010, 05:09 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Doc_D
Dear Mr. Stonewhite. My name is Mumbambi Talumbo. I am the assistant to the President of Nigeria. We are contacting you to inform you that a much distant relative of yours has passed away. He was worth much money. As you being the relative closest we can find please contact us immediately so that we can arrange the transfer to your bank account in the amount of $18,500,000 USD.

Sincerely,
Mumbambi Talumbo
Old 06-11-2010, 10:21 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Hahahahahah

Originally Posted by JK-Tex

It's like craigslist all over again......

Dear sir,

I would like to by the product you are selling on craigslist. I find the price to be very low. I'm going to give you a check for $2000. More than the price. However I am out of the country on business. A associate of mine will pick up the item at a later date. Please send me your address so I can mail you payment. also I need your checking acount number, social security number and mothers maiden name!!!!!!! Yeah right!!!!
Old 06-11-2010, 04:04 PM
JK Freak

Well the deal is done! The dealership was great! They did everything I asked and took more money off. The only money they made was from the indirect lending. I usually go right to my bank and bring a check, but if I go through my bank and sign the paperwork at the dealership, the dealership gets a check from the bank. For instance on a jeep jk the dealership gets between $525-$625 depending on the model. That is why most dealers want you to do the credit through them. So they made approx $625 on my deal, and they were happy.
I'm liking the new Rubi, especially the hardtop! My soft top was really quiet, but the hardtop is even quieter!
Now I have to put on all my goodies that I took off the other one! Also I have to come up with a design for the silver. I'm still missing my surf blue!!!!
I will make another post for the design aspect of it!
AND if anyone in my neck of the woods needs to buy a new jeep, and want a good deal, i can point you in the right direction!
Old 06-11-2010, 04:05 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by millar1982
It's like craigslist all over again......

Dear sir,

I would like to by the product you are selling on craigslist. I find the price to be very low. I'm going to give you a check for $2000. More than the price. However I am out of the country on business. A associate of mine will pick up the item at a later date. Please send me your address so I can mail you payment. also I need your checking acount number, social security number and mothers maiden name!!!!!!! Yeah right!!!!

I've gotten those messages in the past to.......I can't imagine answering them, but I know some people do
Old 06-13-2010, 09:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ECHO
Congrats!! You will be glad you did it !!
Congrats. Sounds like you really did have a need for it with your bad legs.
Old 06-13-2010, 09:52 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Enjoy!!!

I hope you took them for all there worth! Enjoy the Rubi. As long as your happy who cares if it cost a million bucks. You only live once.

Have fun and good luck!
Old 06-13-2010, 11:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by stonewhite
Well the deal is done! The dealership was great! They did everything I asked and took more money off. The only money they made was from the indirect lending. I usually go right to my bank and bring a check, but if I go through my bank and sign the paperwork at the dealership, the dealership gets a check from the bank. For instance on a jeep jk the dealership gets between $525-$625 depending on the model. That is why most dealers want you to do the credit through them. So they made approx $625 on my deal, and they were happy.
I'm liking the new Rubi, especially the hardtop! My soft top was really quiet, but the hardtop is even quieter!
Now I have to put on all my goodies that I took off the other one! Also I have to come up with a design for the silver. I'm still missing my surf blue!!!!
I will make another post for the design aspect of it!
AND if anyone in my neck of the woods needs to buy a new jeep, and want a good deal, i can point you in the right direction!
Already trying to sell your silver one???

congratz on the deal though.

Quick Reply: Wow....what a deal! What do you think????