Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Wow....what a deal! What do you think????

Old 06-10-2010, 03:57 PM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm still holding. I looked back at my paperwork on the surf blue one. I'm going to see if they can call into Jeep and get me another rebate like they did the last time. I'll let you know what happens tomorrow......!
Old 06-10-2010, 04:37 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My father always said, "pigs get fat and hogs get slaughtered." Tread lightly, mate.
Old 06-10-2010, 05:42 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

only a fool would turn down that awesome deal.. run forest run...............
Old 06-10-2010, 06:03 PM
JK Freak

go for it...and by the way..my silver shows virtually NO scratches when offroading....great color to hide everything
Old 06-10-2010, 06:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thumbs down

guess I'm in the minority. Unless you have a reason to get rid of yours, seems like a lot of hassle, and potential paperwork problems (oh we forgot to tell you about the transfer fees) for pretty much the same rig except a color you don't like.

I wouldn't. :shrug: That's just me though, if I have something I like, I stick with it.
Old 06-10-2010, 07:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

If it is on the up and up then HELL YES!
Old 06-10-2010, 07:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Bad_CRC
guess I'm in the minority. Unless you have a reason to get rid of yours, seems like a lot of hassle, and potential paperwork problems (oh we forgot to tell you about the transfer fees) for pretty much the same rig except a color you don't like.

I wouldn't. :shrug: That's just me though, if I have something I like, I stick with it.
I guess I am in the minority as well.

Same thing happened with my wifes 2008 Volkswagen Jetta. Last year the dealership was running a special on the Volkswagen Passat CC.

The person who sold me our Jetta called up and said that they were running low on quality used vehicles. He offered to buy the vehicle back from me for $2000 more than what I owed. Sell the Passat CC at invoice + $150 and then include 0% financing the Volkswagen Credit.

I passed on the deal, it is a common ploy to get you into the lions den so they can rape you without you even knowing about it.

Think about the decision LONG and hard. Why would a dealer do something that leaves them to profit a very tiny amount....sounds too good to be true. That's just my opinion.
Old 06-10-2010, 09:05 PM
JK Newbie

Default I'm out too.

If it seems to good to be true then it probably is, and you like Your Jeep. I'm not a silver fan either.
Old 06-10-2010, 10:13 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Dealer trick......

"Just get em here" is what the GSM at our stealership used to say. Anything to get you in the door. Why would they give you "More" than what you paid for your JEEP?? This is a business and they are not in the business to LOSE money.

Trust me when I say this, No one wants a used vehicle so bad that the sales man (who only remembers you because he got a print out that morning with all his previous customers names and phone numbers) has to call you and "convince you" to sell your jeep. If a person wanted a jeep that bad they would knock on your door.

What he is doing is called a "cold call" and what you are is an "UP" not a customer. The sales man has to make so many "cold calls" and get so many "UP's" a week. When it is very slow at a dealership, they resort to this.

I remember a manager giving me a news paper and telling me to call every person who placed a classified add selling there car. He wanted me to tell them we wanted "There" car. Trust me we dident... He just knew that 5 out of 10 people that showed up would want to leave with somthing other than what they came in with. Lets just say those calls never got made......oops!!!

This was a salary summer job for me while I was in school. $300 bucks a week. I was just a kid and dident even care If I sold any cars because $300. was more than enough for me to be happy. I would never do the things I saw the other sales guys do, Its no different than stealing.

ALSO....

There is never a shortage on quality used cars, because dealers go to the Auction. They rarley rely on trade-ins. They go to the auction get a terd, and polish it up like new. Then they say "Mrs. so and so traded it in, she does this every 2 years...... to and from chruch! ya..

HEY, IF YOU THINK ITS A GOOD DEAL AND ARE HAPPY, DO IT. But dont think they NEED you and your trade. They dont. If they need one that bad they will buy it from another dealer as a you scratch my back I'll scratch yours thing.

GOOD LUCK and BE VERY SKEPTICAL..........
Old 06-10-2010, 10:30 PM
JK Freak

as long as your payments are the same or lower, and its not too much work, its a year newer less miles and your dumb not to take the deal... if its not any of the above run fast....

Quick Reply: Wow....what a deal! What do you think????