Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

WOW, sway bar disconnected?

Old 06-05-2010, 04:50 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron
Why would lockers help? In fact, since I didn't hear the drive train complaining, I wondered if he was even in 4WD.
That'd be a 4:1 not complaining, no way thats in 2wd.
Old 06-05-2010, 05:29 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

at first it looked like it was just some random parking lot until i saw the camp jeep course in the background. it was a pretty daring move for the passenger to stick their hand out the window though.
Old 06-05-2010, 05:49 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 170 Likes on 145 Posts

Why would lockers help? In fact, since I didn't hear the drive train complaining, I wondered if he was even in 4WD.
Because, without lockers, as soon as the left rear tire came up, there would be no more push from the rear axle.

It was obviously in 4wd, because the front tire started out on the negative side of the curved surface.

I wonder why there was no flex in the front axle. It's as if they blocked the axle so it wouldn't tip over once it leaned.

Last edited by ronjenx; 06-05-2010 at 05:58 AM.
Old 06-05-2010, 06:06 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

Originally Posted by GoodysGotaCuda
That'd be a 4:1 not complaining, no way thats in 2wd.
I agree, but when I turn like that on pavement my drive train makes a ton of noise. I see about the lockers now: The rear wheel continued to turn even after it was in the air (you can see it at the end of the video when he backs down). But, I'd be interested in what an LSD and BLD would do on that.
Old 06-05-2010, 06:11 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 170 Likes on 145 Posts

I agree, but when I turn like that on pavement my drive train makes a ton of noise. I see about the lockers now: The rear wheel continued to turn even after it was in the air (you can see it at the end of the video when he backs down). But, I'd be interested in what an LSD and BLD would do on that.
He paused just after the turn, probably to lock and put it in 4wd.

It would be interesting to see how the BLD would perform in that situation.
Old 06-05-2010, 07:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Actually, the lockers would not be required, as by the time the rear wheel came off the ground, the front wheel was pulling it forward instead of being pushed. On another note, the driver puts stupidity on a whole new level.
Old 06-05-2010, 10:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

So it's stupidity? In a Jeep camp, with a Jeep? I've watched people take their Jeeps, just as new, and also pretty modded, do the same stuff, away from help, in dark, deep, scary woods where the boogy man hangs out. This is not stupid. It would be stupid if he rolled MY jeep in the process... not his own. Go for it brother. I'm a fan.
Old 06-05-2010, 10:40 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

Originally Posted by ronjenx
He paused just after the turn, probably to lock and put it in 4wd....
Ah! If I'm ever in that situation, I'll know what to do.
Old 06-05-2010, 10:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

To the OP, the "axles level with the body" statement is true with regards to flexing, but it may sound kind of confusing. Just look at how them super-flexing JKs have each wheel on the ground/on a surface. That JK had that back wheel WAY off the ground. He would have never made it up an RTI ramp that far/high. An RTI ramp measures flex. You ride up the ramp until a wheel looses contact. Someone else can chime in on the RTI ramp thing 'cause I've never done it.
Old 06-05-2010, 02:53 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Waiting
To the OP, the "axles level with the body" statement is true with regards to flexing, but it may sound kind of confusing. Just look at how them super-flexing JKs have each wheel on the ground/on a surface. That JK had that back wheel WAY off the ground. He would have never made it up an RTI ramp that far/high. An RTI ramp measures flex. You ride up the ramp until a wheel looses contact. Someone else can chime in on the RTI ramp thing 'cause I've never done it.
Just before the inside of the LR tire lost contact.

Taking it "a bit" past the LR losing contact.

Quick Reply: WOW, sway bar disconnected?