Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Worth considering?

Old 10-19-2007, 09:41 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Worth considering?

I bought my wife the 2007 4-door JK X model back in January and she's saying that when our son starts driving I should give him my 04 TJL and build hers up and retire mine.

I'm thinking I've got the better Jeep, ( Esp. with the mods I've done) but
what do you guys think?

My Jeep has OX front, spool rear, OR-Fab cage, 456 Gears, HP 30 front,
7" lift with 36" tires, hyd. milemarker, etc...
Old 10-19-2007, 09:51 AM
JK Freak

heres the question is the jeep to much of a vehicle for him? will he be responsible with it? i would love to give my son a bad ace trail rig but i know what would happen too. just food for thught.
Old 10-19-2007, 10:19 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by bahadden
heres the question is the jeep to much of a vehicle for him? will he be responsible with it? i would love to give my son a bad ace trail rig but i know what would happen too. just food for thught.
I agree, I know what I wouldve done with that jeep when I was 16!! Heck, the things I did off road in my 2wd s-10 wouldve gave my dad a heartattack if he knew! Id think it over alot before handing him the keys.
Old 10-19-2007, 10:32 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by twistedunlimited
I bought my wife the 2007 4-door JK X model back in January and she's saying that when our son starts driving I should give him my 04 TJL and build hers up and retire mine.

I'm thinking I've got the better Jeep, ( Esp. with the mods I've done) but
what do you guys think?

My Jeep has OX front, spool rear, OR-Fab cage, 456 Gears, HP 30 front,
7" lift with 36" tires, hyd. milemarker, etc...
BTW Welcome to the Forum. To me it's as fun to work on as it is to drive. It looks like yours is about done. Time for you to pick up something else to start working on. As far as your kid goes, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. Did you raise a good, responsible kid, or a jerk? A jerk'll mess up just as bad in a small car as he will in your TJL and maybe even hurt himself more. If he's a good kid, teach him to drive it right. You may want to lower it a bit while he's learning though.

Quick Reply: Worth considering?