Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Worst service I've ever had

Old 04-01-2008, 01:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Worst service I've ever had

I'm currently on hold with 4wheel drive hardware. I have been holding for 30 minutes waiting for someone to pick up. I'll go back a little bit to explain why I'm holding for them. I needed a track bar to finish up my suspension install. Last thursday I ordered it on the phone from 4wd. I was told it was in stock. I requested 2nd day air shipping so it would arrive today (tuesday) since it wouldnt ship untill friday. I called about 2 hours ago since it was geting late in the day. The lady that I spoke with (Chris #963) told me she would have to look into it and she would need to call me back. I told her I was on my broadband phone and it doesn't take incoming calls (left my phone under my jeep in friends garage last night). She told me that it was 3:30 there and she would be there till 5 pm and that I should call her back as close to that time as possible. I called back at 4:50 and sat on hold for 7 minutes before being disconnected. I called right back and have been in the queue for 34 minutes now. I'm pissed! I payed $34 extra to get this bar asap and this service is just bad. I know if I hang up and call back I will get taken out of the queue and the customer service department will be closed. I shouldn't have had to call back... she should have been able to see what was going on with my order when I called the first time. Why did I pay that money to get the part only to not get it when promised... its not like I took advantage of the free shipping.

Ty
Old 04-01-2008, 02:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

Have had one bad experience with that outfit...first and last...will NEVER order anything from them even if it's for free...autoanything is another internet retailer you need to watch for as well....will take your money, not deliver due to unavailability and call it a backorder...even though the day you called, a so-called "live" person told you the item was in stock...
Old 04-01-2008, 02:10 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think he's just venting ! we like to call it 4WP-Mart.

Last edited by pkdailey4; 04-01-2008 at 02:23 PM.
Old 04-01-2008, 02:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Same thing happened to me almost,I'm only 16 and at the time I was looking for an AccuPro.
I took my business elsewhere.

Last edited by donjonald; 04-01-2008 at 02:24 PM.
Old 04-01-2008, 02:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

Yeah... I was venting. 40 minutes of the same recording over and over again will make a sane person want to stab something. I hung up and called back and decided to talk to someone in sales. Someone answered right away. They certainly answered much quicker to sell me something and take my money than they would to help me in reference to the money I'd already given them. Imagine that! I guess they didn't even ship it in the first place... after holding a while the guy came back on the line and said "I guess we dropped the ball on this one". Yeah... I'd say that too. The one redeeming thing about the whole ordeal is they are sending it out "red label" and I should have it in the morning (not holding my breath). I normally order through Quadratec and when I called to inquire about track bars the guy on the phone was short with me. I politely declined to order anything and called 4WD the next day. I would have ordered from northridge but they don't sell Superlift (not that I blame them) and I couldn't wait for something to drop ship from a manufacturer. Quadratec told me Full Traction is a drop ship only company and nobody stocks thier parts, plus it can take a while to get stuff. I feel pretty bad cause I've held my friends garage hostage for almost a week now trying to get a track bar. Superlift wasn't my first choice but at least vendors stock the parts. Wow... this turned into a novel. Sorry bout the long rant.

Ty
Old 04-01-2008, 03:24 PM
JK Freak

Its OK brother we feel your pain . Just let it all out !
Old 04-01-2008, 03:50 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by TSmith0820
Yeah... I was venting. 40 minutes of the same recording over and over again will make a sane person want to stab something. I hung up and called back and decided to talk to someone in sales. Someone answered right away. They certainly answered much quicker to sell me something and take my money than they would to help me in reference to the money I'd already given them. Imagine that! I guess they didn't even ship it in the first place... after holding a while the guy came back on the line and said "I guess we dropped the ball on this one". Yeah... I'd say that too. The one redeeming thing about the whole ordeal is they are sending it out "red label" and I should have it in the morning (not holding my breath). I normally order through Quadratec and when I called to inquire about track bars the guy on the phone was short with me. I politely declined to order anything and called 4WD the next day. I would have ordered from northridge but they don't sell Superlift (not that I blame them) and I couldn't wait for something to drop ship from a manufacturer. Quadratec told me Full Traction is a drop ship only company and nobody stocks thier parts, plus it can take a while to get stuff. I feel pretty bad cause I've held my friends garage hostage for almost a week now trying to get a track bar. Superlift wasn't my first choice but at least vendors stock the parts. Wow... this turned into a novel. Sorry bout the long rant.

Ty
I thought Northridge sold Superlift. hmmmm
Old 04-01-2008, 04:58 PM
JK Freak

I believe Northridge stocks and doesnt drop ship Full traction, but I may be wrong.
Old 04-01-2008, 06:05 PM
JK Freak

Sorry that you had a bad experience with them. I've dealt with them on 2 occasions and they've been great. I understand that there's only one chance to make a good first impression... sucks that some of these companies make a lot of bad first impressions. (especially when there's so many forums where people talk).

Anyway, hope you get your part in the AM. Let us know how the install goes.
Old 04-01-2008, 06:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

I feel your pain, my lack Diamond lift has been on order for a MONTH from 4 WD.. But my ARB bumper I just orderd friday night and got it today from the same place SO WHAT DO YOU DO.

Quick Reply: Worst service I've ever had