Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Worst luck with jeep mods ever!

Old 10-19-2011, 04:09 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by wsutwiggy
no big issues here, Bought some mirror brackets and couldn't get the mirrors to break free from the jeep, Fatbob's took them back no problem. Wheels and tires have also been great. I try to build most of my stuff tho...
Are you talking about the bolt directly under the mirror or the bracket that attaches to the door? I took mine off and all the bolts were no problem, but the area where the bolt is underneath the mirror would not separate. I called friends who took off their mirrors and asked if I was missing something. Nope, so I took a punch and a mallet and wacked it really hard a few times and it popped off. It was a real PITA, but now when I put them back on the doors I need a rubber spacer or else the plastic rattles between the top part of the mirror and the mirror bracket.
Old 10-19-2011, 04:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Damn dude, I'm feeling a lil embarrased about complaining about my axle shafts, ujoints, and ball joints. Sounds like your luck is in the shitter!!! Sorry, hope it gets better! I'd buy you a beer if you were close but since I can't, this will have to do

Quick Reply: Worst luck with jeep mods ever!