Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Worried over Jeep envy

Old 05-11-2011, 02:00 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Abacabb
Yes, it's dumb.

Exactly.
Same here i have some cheepo stuff they could snatch and run... sunscreen roll of wire box nife etc on the back of my seat but the good stuff is locked down behind the rear seat.
Old 05-11-2011, 02:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Shameless_Girl
Hi everyone. I often find myself hesitating on where I go when I know I have to leave Badger (my jeep) out in a parking lot. I dont know.. I just feel worried that some envious non-jeeper will think my Jeep belongs to a douchebag or something and vandalize it . It makes me want a JK Girl sticker that much more maybe it would deter would be non-jeeping-jealous-POS driving-a**holes??

Is this dumb?? Have a lot of you experienced vandalism??
Badger? How did u come up with that name.
Not hatin, just curious
Old 05-11-2011, 05:45 PM
JK Newbie

Yep dumb lol
Old 05-11-2011, 05:53 PM
JK Junkie

I just try to park next to other jeeps, and or towards the front where its visible, people usually comment on mine even though its barely modified.
Old 05-12-2011, 05:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ffhockey98
Badger? How did u come up with that name.
Not hatin, just curious
It wouldnt be for probably the 2 obvious reasons.. wisconsin badgers and the now infamous honey badger youtube video.. I've always liked Badgers since I was younger..always drawn to them.. not sure how that came to be but they are just really cool little guys. I had an animal spirit guide reading done one time (yes i know how that sounds but u know it was for fun.. some people believe in that stuff tho...) and the Badger actually came up as one of my main ones. They fight for what they want.. and they dig like no ones business!!
So here's to hoping my Badger will dig through some craziness on the trails one day!
Old 05-12-2011, 05:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by The_Yeti
but the good stuff is locked down behind the rear seat.
What do you use/do to lock things down? Just curious to see what other people do.
Old 05-12-2011, 05:49 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I do try to park towards the back of the lot away from other vehicles. That said, my Jeep usually has back-road clay/mud/dust all over it. It seems like less people park by it than my other vehicles, maybe because they do not want to risk brushing up against it and getting dirty. Or they figure an armed, back-woods, red-neck might be lurking around it somewhere. They could be right.

The loose shopping carts on a windy day are a pet peeve of mine. On those days, I will put any carts in their cart correls that are up-wind of my Jeep. I would like to reality-slap the people who are too lazy to spend the 30 seconds to take care of the cart.

But, as long as you have full coverage insurance, don't spend too much time worrying about vandalism. Depending on where you live, of course.
Old 05-12-2011, 06:53 AM
JK Newbie

I worry the same thing. When I first for my XD Rock Star wheels, I live near Houston and often drive to football games and park outside the gates and always worried when I came out from game my jeep was gona be on blocks with wheels and tires missing....now I worry about the wet okole max 4 camo seat covers I just got. I have my top off most of the year so I try not to leave anything in it worth value. My husbands F250 was stolen on our annv. 2 yrs ago, we had shotguns and all our other dove hunting gear in his truck among other crap and so I guess put me on alert a little more where I park. We got his truck back 7 days later it had been to Mexico and back.

Quick Reply: Worried over Jeep envy