Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Wish i got a rubicon

Old 03-08-2012, 10:31 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wish i got a rubicon

Got a silver x 2 door a few months ago but wish I got a red rubicon 4 door but man do I love me jeep
Old 03-08-2012, 11:47 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Timmylynn
Nah just build it up better than a rubi. Make it your own!

I concur, sir.

Afet a lot of thinking, I figure the only thing the Rubi has to offer over a base model, is a D44 up front....Otherwise, seems like a lot of people have had problems with the auto sway bar disconnect and the factory e lockers.

I bought a base model, cheap as possible. It was like 8K cheaper than the Rubi...I can put less than 8k in to my base model and have it way more tricked out and bad ass than a stock Rubi.
If you're really going to build your jeep for off roading, you will probably replace all the parts that make a Rubi a Rubi with superior aftermarket parts anyways.
Old 03-08-2012, 11:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

Neither of these are Rubicons. Outside of the 44 and t case where does that extra 8k come from?

sent via Morse code
Old 03-08-2012, 11:52 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Timmylynn
Nah just build it up better than a rubi. Make it your own!

I concur, sir.

Afet a lot of thinking, I figure the only thing the Rubi has to offer over a base model, is a D44 up front....Otherwise, seems like a lot of people have had problems with the auto sway bar disconnect and the factory e lockers.

I bought a base model, cheap as possible. It was like 8K cheaper than the Rubi...I can put less than 8k in to my base model and have it way more tricked out and bad ass than a stock Rubi.
If you're really going to build your jeep for off roading, you will probably replace all the parts that make a Rubi a Rubi with superior aftermarket parts anyways.
Old 03-08-2012, 02:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

t-case, 44 up front, gears, electric lockers front/rear, and electric sway bar disconnect..that being said, if i were to do it over again, i'd prob buy a sport and upgrade all of the above.
Old 03-08-2012, 02:23 PM
JK Newbie

I used to think the same.... but now I LOVE my SPORT!! I can make/mod it any way I want!! Oh and I only have to put the dog in the back so 2DR is best for me. Love that turn radius (especially in Japan! )
Paint color... that can be fixed too!

Last edited by Tiger3; 03-08-2012 at 02:26 PM.
Old 03-09-2012, 04:04 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Taking a Sport and modding the hell out of it is the way to go if your willing to wrench. I was in a busy period of life, and wanted to drive it in my spare time not wrench on it. Been lucky and so far all the electric Rubi gizmos still work on mine.

It really depends on the terrain you plan to explore, and we don't know what type of wheeling you want to do OP. A stock Sport with decent tires will get you to about 90% of the sane places to wheel around my area.

Last edited by Yankee; 03-09-2012 at 04:07 AM.
Old 03-09-2012, 04:40 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by FlameRedJK
I concur, sir.

Is there an echo in here?
Old 03-09-2012, 04:46 AM
EzK
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Some people(myself) got a rubicon as a way to finance lockers, gears, and t case. If I spent $4k less on the Jeep I could drop all that in cash to build it right away.
Old 03-09-2012, 04:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

Using Bank of America's car buying center you can pickup a 2012 Sport with AC and 3.73 gears for $22.9k; while a Rubicon is sweet and all I wouldn't mind a smaller payment, and paying less to register it every year.

I however am lazy though, the fact I would have to get out and manually disconnect is the only drawback.

Quick Reply: Wish i got a rubicon