Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

wish I didnt lift my jk

Old 03-30-2011, 10:29 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by blue project
OH WAIT I DID EXACTLY WHAT THEY SAID I loosened my control arms just like they told me to and I know this because I had to retorque them after.
Then you are one step closer to solving your issue, the lift should be good and not the problem. Tires. Worn steering components, etc. Keep narrowing it down until you figure it out.
Old 03-30-2011, 10:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

A leveling kit isn't a lift....... The smallest real lift is the BB.

It's not a sports car it's a Jeep..... If you want it to be more like a sports car then put the Teraflex Pre Runner kit on it.

If your worried about MPG's get a Ford Focus or some other such tiny car that has good MPG. Yes we would all love it if our Jeeps got good MPG's. A stuner like Superchips will help with MPG's, but low MPG is something you have have to deal with to have a vehicle that can do what our Jeep's can do.

You could also add a Ripp Supercharger to get better performance out of your Jeep.

In the end you need to do what makes you happy, and if driving a sports car makes you happy then sell the Jeep and get a sports car. If getting good MPG's makes you happy get a car with good MPG's, but if you do sell your Jeep for one of these cars remember this....You can go fast, but I can go anywhere!
Old 03-30-2011, 11:13 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by AFCrawler
Why is a BB a lift, but not a leveling kit? Does an extra inch of spacers make the difference?
Old 03-30-2011, 11:13 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by AFCrawler
How so? The TF performance leveling kit is a set of springs that raises the Jeep, it just does so in a small amount.

Actually, I think there is an argument that a TF leveling kit is more of a "real" lift than a budget boost. In my mind, a budget boost is like a padded bra...all original parts with a spacer thrown in to make the original parts look bigger. With the leveling kit, on the other hand, you get bigger and better parts.

Last edited by Sharkey; 03-30-2011 at 11:37 AM.
Old 03-30-2011, 12:38 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sell your leveling kit and get the Eibach lowering kit. Seems like that may be more your style.
Old 05-21-2011, 10:54 AM
JK Newbie

If you want sports car handling, open top and good MPG, get a Miata. Simple.

Jeeps of all sorts MPG sux and that is all there is to it and until they give us a tubo/superhcarged high efficiency four cyclinder diesel, it will continue to suck.

I suspect and expect that as gasoline prices continue to climb and should there ever be a restriction in fuel supply such as there was in 1973 (I was there) that you will see many Jeep for sale, just like summer before last but many more. People will talk big as if MPG does not matter until some price point, some tipping point at which time they will cry like babies and in one way or another change their habits or vehicles or both.

Me, my Wrangler is paid for, a Miata would not be, I really need the Jeep, not a Miata and when I factor in a payment, the Jeep gets better MPG, it would take something like 8 dollars a gallon for me to tip, how much they pay per gallon in Europe, about 6 to 8 equivalent dollars per gallon? Notice the type of vehicles they drive over there, little, diesel and they tend to live where they work, not a 60 mile round trip like we do.

I like my TF leveling kit and with or without, it never handled like a Miata.

JR
Old 05-21-2011, 12:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by blue project
I had an 05 wrx before the jeep and I think the jeep handled better.
Don't smoke crack!
Old 05-21-2011, 02:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

I could be wrong, but doesn't Teraflex have a money back guarantee also or a open return policy, whatever you want to call it? If you were that unhappy, and everyone has different expectations so thats definitely possible, why didn't you return it?
Old 05-22-2011, 06:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

Try putting some bigger and wider tires on. I have 33x12.5 on 15s and love it. I ride with the psi around 28 on the street with a 2.5 inch lift (which really came out to 3 inches. I think the small narrow tires aren't helping. It is important for ride and safety to get a wider stance as you build up. I only lost about 1 mpg from my setup. IMO ride quality outweighs gas mileage. Good luck.
Old 05-22-2011, 06:46 AM
JK Newbie

Your gonna need a new track bar and a stabalizer bar and a stablizer shock, alignment, balance your wheels, new driveshafts.......etc. But, all well worth it. There's more to come if you want to play the game. If not, then you are probably better off selling it because, unfortunately, Jeeps are a money pit....I love mine and I am constantly tweaking it. 11.5 mi/gal and I still love it. Check out my stats; I'm already up to 6" with leveling kit and 40s!! Honestly, If you are getting upset already then that means you probably should stick with a stock jeep or sell it.

Quick Reply: wish I didnt lift my jk