Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

wish I didnt lift my jk

Old 03-29-2011, 07:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by blue project
I have a superchips 87 tune on it now and also recalibrated the tire size. I'm running used bfg rugged trails with 35 psi as set by the tire place. I had the stock "sport" tires on there before and it was night and day different. I also have not done an alignment as it runs straight. I had an 05 wrx before the jeep and I think the jeep handled better. It gets really old really fast having to pay a lot every month for a payment and not having very many creature comforts. Seems to me the chrysler is taking advantage of all of us for such a "simple" vehicle.
Sell it you cry baby!!!! I think the only "simple" thing here is you're mind!!!!!!

If you really thought that by buying a Jeep, you were gonna have the best of everything off road and on, you must be playing with only half a deck!!!!

No one buys a Jeep to be a "sports car" just as no one buys a Vette to take off road!!

Simple logic dip shit!!!!
Old 03-29-2011, 07:47 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Dex1
Sell it you cry baby!!!! I think the only "simple" thing here is you're mind!!!!!!

If you really thought that by buying a Jeep, you were gonna have the best of everything off road and on, you must be playing with only half a deck!!!!

No one buys a Jeep to be a "sports car" just as no one buys a Vette to take off road!!

:rotfl mao2:
Old 03-29-2011, 07:47 AM
JK Super Freak

I think the fact that you installed used AT's would be what's causing the handling issues, not the lift. And why would you lift it and then run 31's, when most of the JK's come with 32's stock?
Old 03-29-2011, 07:50 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by pmedicj
That's your problem!

1. you went from an everyday tire to an all terrain tire (going to be stiffer and ride much different)

2. they are USED ( Hence they were on a completely different vehicle and have worn to such vehicle, even if it was another jeep they will wear different.)

3. You put spacers on stock coils which will considerably put additional stress because they are loaded differently from stock.
No spacers actual coil springs. They are the same height but they look like they have double the coils.
Old 03-29-2011, 07:53 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by TeraFlex
Sounds like you didn't loosen the control arms up when you installed the kit. Also a alignment is not needed unless you have adj front lower control arms installed.
Followed the directions 100 percent. I like the look, the ride is a bit stiffer which is fine. Its the constant bouncing all over the lane that irks me.
Old 03-29-2011, 07:55 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Dex1

Ok redneck bruncle lover. I said it handled like a sports car. Never said I want a sports car out of it. RETARD
Old 03-29-2011, 07:59 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by jckid
I think the fact that you installed used AT's would be what's causing the handling issues, not the lift. And why would you lift it and then run 31's, when most of the JK's come with 32's stock?
Did or at least I thought I did the proper research on tire sizing. So when I bought the tires I thought they were 32's. They actualy measure at 31 1/4". I'm wondering if a harder tire compound would better suit my needs. I was told that the tires are soft and I'm starting to think they grab the road a little to well. I'm running 275/65/18 on 18" sahara rims.
Old 03-29-2011, 09:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

Ok redneck bruncle lover. I said it handled like a sports car. Never said I want a sports car out of it. RETARD
I've personally owned corvettes, a 280 Z, and a RX-7, and I can tell you that no Jeep I've ever owned or ridden in can hold a candle to any of them,( if you are talking about cornering anyway!)
And yes, I was born and raised in the country so maybe I am a redneck, no, I've not been documented as a "retard", and as far as a "bruncle" is concerned, I have absolutely no idea what that is or if I've ever loved one!!!! must be an inbread, city slicker, blue blooded Cape Cod thing!!!!
Good luck with the rough riding, gas guzzling, can't handle like a sports car Jeep that can be way more fun and way more practical than ANY sports car out there.....
Oh, and by the way... my 4" lifted, Rubicon, on 37 inch KM2s, gets over 18 mpg. and "handles" anything I point it at!!!!! Can't say that about you're sports car...
Go back to mommy and have her warm up you're milk and bake you some cookies,,, cry baby.....
Old 03-29-2011, 09:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was told by a friend/owner of a jk that, it would hold up a lot better to abuse. Need a new muffler right from the dealer. Not to mention I ook my jk down the beach only to find out that the trans overheated badly because they cant handle beach driving Sounds like they need a major redo as my cherokee ran like a champ and my friends TJ was the badest thing out there.
You're supposed to air down when driving on sand.
Old 03-29-2011, 09:25 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mariner
I just put a teraflex 2,5 coil kit on mine, never realigned it and it drives no different from stock, I know its only 2.5 on mine but i think you must have other issues.
this is what i like to hear...
'cos it's what i have planned for mine...

as for the OP...lots of good advice on here...
listen and learn dude...don't ditch your jeep too quickly...

Quick Reply: wish I didnt lift my jk