Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

wish I didnt lift my jk

Old 03-29-2011, 05:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by blue project
I have a superchips 87 tune on it now and also recalibrated the tire size. I'm running used bfg rugged trails with 35 psi as set by the tire place. I had the stock "sport" tires on there before and it was night and day different. I also have not done an alignment as it runs straight. I had an 05 wrx before the jeep and I think the jeep handled better. It gets really old really fast having to pay a lot every month for a payment and not having very many creature comforts. Seems to me the chrysler is taking advantage of all of us for such a "simple" vehicle.
BLUE ~ sell it!!!! And let some of us dumb people that Chrysler is taking advantage of own it.. You bought a Jeep for all the wrong reasons, and from your "quote" you don't get.. Maybe your IQ is to high, did you check that?
Old 03-29-2011, 06:08 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by R n Y
BLUE ~ sell it!!!! And let some of us dumb people that Chrysler is taking advantage of own it.. You bought a Jeep for all the wrong reasons, and from your "quote" you don't get.. Maybe your IQ is to high, did you check that?
I was told by a friend/owner of a jk that, it would hold up a lot better to abuse. Need a new muffler right from the dealer. Not to mention I ook my jk down the beach only to find out that the trans overheated badly because they cant handle beach driving Sounds like they need a major redo as my cherokee ran like a champ and my friends TJ was the badest thing out there.
Old 03-29-2011, 06:25 AM
JK Newbie

I'm running used bfg rugged trails with 35 psi as set by the tire place. I had the stock "sport" tires on there before and it was night and day different..

That's your problem!

1. you went from an everyday tire to an all terrain tire (going to be stiffer and ride much different)

2. they are USED ( Hence they were on a completely different vehicle and have worn to such vehicle, even if it was another jeep they will wear different.)

3. You put spacers on stock coils which will considerably put additional stress because they are loaded differently from stock.
Old 03-29-2011, 06:48 AM
JK Freak

I think this is an example of someone buying a JK and putting on mods that they are not sure of, and then not being happy with the results. I, like everyone else, cannot understand what a leveling kit and 31's would do to make you this unhappy. You are just about stock still, and I have to believe you have other issues you are not addressing. However, I also believe that moding is not for everyone, and if you enjoy you JK stock, so be it, just enjoy it and use it for what you like to do with it. Do not be pressured into doing things just because the majority of JK drivers do it.
Old 03-29-2011, 06:49 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the trans overheated badly because they cant handle beach driving Sounds like they need a major redo
Took my Rubi (Auto) when it was stock up / down race point for 3 days and never overheated once. 4 Lo aired down to 17 with 4 people and not much gear that's for sure lol.
Old 03-29-2011, 06:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

Eibach has lowering springs
Old 03-29-2011, 07:08 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 270 Posts

... Before my sport with 16" rims handled like a sports car. ...
It really sounds like you bought the wrong vehicle for your needs. Good luck with whatever you decide to pick up!
Old 03-29-2011, 07:14 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Mark
Sounds like this is your first Jeep. And it sounds like you should have bought an SUV. That or a tampon.

Man some people on here are still running over 16 MPG with 35's how is this done! I barley push 14?!
Old 03-29-2011, 07:19 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So I put a teraflex leveling kit and 31's on my jeep. I really wish I hadn't. Before my sport with 16" rims handled like a sports car. Now it throws me all over the lane and bounces like crazy. Looks like I'm selling it after the summer. (done with 16mpg's) Anyone else feel the same?
Sounds like you didn't loosen the control arms up when you installed the kit. Also a alignment is not needed unless you have adj front lower control arms installed.
Old 03-29-2011, 07:40 AM
JK Freak

Go buy you a Range Rover to cruise those Cape Cod beaches...you'll get all those comforts that soccer moms love to have in their vehicles..and they never have problems..

Quick Reply: wish I didnt lift my jk