Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

wish I didnt lift my jk

Old 03-28-2011, 04:05 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wish I didnt lift my jk

So I put a teraflex leveling kit and 31's on my jeep. I really wish I hadn't. Before my sport with 16" rims handled like a sports car. Now it throws me all over the lane and bounces like crazy. Looks like I'm selling it after the summer. (done with 16mpg's) Anyone else feel the same?
Old 03-28-2011, 04:09 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by CUOFFRDGA
Nope!

Sounds like there's more to it than just the lift. I mean that's an easy fix, take it off, it's not like you spent $4 grand on a long arm.
Exactly... and if your getting 16mpg with 31's your doing something wrong.
Old 03-28-2011, 04:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Yeah I don't think those Are permanent. That's why I love my jeep, out it, try it out - dont like it, try something else. I wouldn't sell it for that reason. I could get 8 mpg and still love my Jeep.
Old 03-28-2011, 04:10 PM
JK Super Freak

I have the same kit and 285's on mine. I am not having any of those issues either! Did you get it aligned after the leveling kit and tires?
Old 03-28-2011, 04:12 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by blue project
So I put a teraflex leveling kit and 31's on my jeep. I really wish I hadn't. Before my sport with 16" rims handled like a sports car. Now it throws me all over the lane and bounces like crazy. Looks like I'm selling it after the summer. (done with 16mpg's) Anyone else feel the same?
I kind of feel your pain Blue. I lifted 4" and really wish I would have gone 2.5 or so with an adj rear track bar. That way when I get all the adj CAs and drive shafts, tire size options will be abundant if I can control my caster and overall pinion angles.
And different springs or coilovers can come in later
Old 03-28-2011, 04:13 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by blue project
Weird that a leveling kit would cause your Jeep to handle like you describe. Sounds like it was not installed properly or alignment was not done after. Leveling kits should handle like stock or better. And most who buy Jeeps don't expect them to handle like a sports car or get great fuel economy. Sounds to me that you just didn't buy the right CAR in the first place.
Old 03-28-2011, 04:15 PM
JK Super Freak

you plan on selling the leveling kit?

and i agree, something just doesn't seem right.
Old 03-28-2011, 04:16 PM
JK Freak

You also need to recalibrate your speedo after putting on bigger tires. Your actual mpg will be better than your computer is displaying if you don't. At minimum get a Procal, or go for a Superchips for additional tuning options. Mine actually handles better after the lift and other options so maybe there was something wrong with the install.
Old 03-28-2011, 04:16 PM
JK Junkie

What 4" lift did you put on, abailey. I have a 4" lift on my rig with 315/70R17's and no issues at all. Mine drives like a dream. Guess all lifts aren't created equal.
Old 03-28-2011, 04:21 PM
JK Freak

16 MPG? Sh1t, I'd love to get that. I'm luck to pull 15.5 with my stock Rubicon.

Quick Reply: wish I didnt lift my jk