Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

winter tires ?

Old 10-12-2009, 07:29 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default winter tires ?

what tire should i get i have 17'' wheels...

i heard my stock mud terrains are crap in the snow ...
Old 10-12-2009, 07:50 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm not very impressed with mine so far. They were horrible in the light snow we had here over the weekend. It was the first snow I had them in. Hopefully, they'll do better with more snow on the ground.
Old 10-12-2009, 08:06 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modified-jk-tech-2/33s-stock-sahara-104851/ ... have a look here, might be handy
Old 10-12-2009, 09:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

I just took off the mudders and put my stock SRAs back on for the winter. They do a lot better then the KMs on ice. If I had the cash right now I'd be running Duratracs. Hope to get them next year and will just run them year round without having to change them out.
Old 10-12-2009, 10:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

The SRAs are absolutely horrible for stopping in snow. I've had my fair share of close calls (partially my own fault). I hear great things about the Duratracs though but I can't personally vouch for them. After these SRAs are worn out I'm going to probably pick up a set of those.
Old 10-13-2009, 04:13 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can't wait to hear some winter war stories about the Dura Tracs. I know they will be fine in deep snow, but I want to know how well they do with crapped out half plowed roads loaded with salt and ice patches.........(you know, typical PA roads from Late Dec thru early March)

I was planning to go with a set of Bridgestone Dueller AT/REVOS (had them on my old Isuzu and they were AWESOME year round tires), but I can't past how nice those Dura Tracs look. If they perform well, I'll pull the trigger on them next spring.
Old 10-13-2009, 04:28 AM
JK Jedi

BFG A/Ts were great in the on-road snow and ice, might be a bit pricey to get these just for winter tires though. I'll see how my BFG M/Ts do, if they are skiddish I'll look into siping them. The stock SR/As were ok in lighter stuff, but really sucked in anything signifcant.
Old 10-13-2009, 04:31 AM
JK Junkie

I drive with my Rubi stock tires in the snow with no problem. "LT" tires: legal in Quebec for winter

Cheap to buy in this forum
Old 10-13-2009, 10:58 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by JK Freedom
I drive with my Rubi stock tires in the snow with no problem. "LT" tires: legal in Quebec for winter

Cheap to buy in this forum
Got that right mon ami! I was actually quite impressed with the KM's last year in that humungous snow storm in Montreal that buried the whole city! Me and the tow trucks were the only things on the road.
Old 10-13-2009, 11:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

i liked my stock rubi km's in the snow, i have the toyo mudders now and they come highly suggested will chime in after first snow fall

Quick Reply: winter tires ?