Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Winter Chill on Non-Arctics??

Old 03-08-2012, 07:41 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GeckoJK
The word is ordering for this color closed March 5th. It was an interesting color. Looks like it will be pretty rare now.
I will get the straight scoop first thing in the morning ... just contacted the fleet manager.

Thanks for the heads up ...
Old 03-09-2012, 07:09 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by m998dna
I will get the straight scoop first thing in the morning ... just contacted the fleet manager.

Thanks for the heads up ...
Looking forward to hearing what you find out. I've got a dealer telling me Winter Chill is un-orderable on a Rubicon as of today.
Old 03-09-2012, 10:46 AM
JK Super Freak

Bumped. I'm arguing with my dealer about this right this very moment.
Old 03-09-2012, 10:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

Any update?
Old 03-09-2012, 11:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

I tried to order a winter chill Rubicon today. Dealer said it is no longer available. They are trying to get one pushed through for me, but it is not looking good. They say that the Jeep website is notorious for letting you build jeeps that they cant actually order. It is just ridiculous that when they finally update the website with the new colors,one of the new colors is not available. The sales manager got pretty heated with some Jeep customer service rep on the phone. He said "People already hate salesmen, making us looks like idiots doesn't help". I laughed, at least they are trying hard to get me one.
Old 03-09-2012, 11:21 AM
JK Freak

Sorry, in meetings all morning ... here's the official statement:

Hi Bob,

Winter Chill is closed for ordering as of a few days ago. Gecko is the only new paint that came out lately.

Thank you

Kevin
Old 03-09-2012, 11:35 AM
JK Super Freak

Sorry, in meetings all morning ... here's the official statement:
Thanks, man. This is bullshit on Jeep's part. Those non-Arctic Winter Chills are gonna be one damn rare Jeep!
Old 03-09-2012, 11:38 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by JK-Tex
Thanks, man. This is bullshit on Jeep's part. Those non-Arctic Winter Chills are gonna be one damn rare Jeep!
I agree ... I also wanted to order WC, but was waiting for it to show on Jeep Web site... and yes they will be worth more. This really pisses me off....

Old 03-09-2012, 02:42 PM
JK Freak

I agree ... I also wanted to order WC, but was waiting for it to show on Jeep Web site... and yes they will be worth more. This really pisses me off....

Mabye it depends on the length of the run, Jeep frequently introduces a color mid year and.carries it into the next model year. So there is often plenty of opportunity for a good bit of production. I would bet that it will be a popular color with dealers because it will be well liked and dealers will likely order a good bit of inventory with it....probably all color matched too.
Old 03-09-2012, 03:04 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by B.S.
Mabye it depends on the length of the run, Jeep frequently introduces a color mid year and.carries it into the next model year. So there is often plenty of opportunity for a good bit of production. I would bet that it will be a popular color with dealers because it will be well liked and dealers will likely order a good bit of inventory with it....probably all color matched too.
Well in this scenario they opened up orders for a short run and then discontinued the option... same as the tan. So the two colors (besides silver) I wanted were short runs with no signs of returning.

I have two vehicles so I can wait this out... but just sayin, Jeep needs to get with the program and offer colors that people want. To me, it seems they are ordering smaller batches of paint and running the lines out until its exhausted.. hence the leftover paint from the Arctic Edition run is probably what was used..

I could care less about exclusivity, so if that's their strategy it may backfire... I may just get tired of dicking around and spend my money over at Ford.

Quick Reply: Winter Chill on Non-Arctics??