Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

winshield

Old 06-21-2009, 08:09 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wow! that actually looks awsome... with it down I guess you get the full jeep experience. Is it legal on-road?
Old 06-21-2009, 08:31 PM
JK Freak

Talking

Originally Posted by Jflawless
wow! that actually looks awsome... with it down I guess you get the full jeep experience. Is it legal on-road?
Well that's gonna depend on your state. My state? I have no idea, but I have been seen numerous times by the fuzz and have not been pulled over. There's been plenty of speculation on this issue, but no hard facts posted.

That being said, I like it down for wheeling. My Rubi isn't a daily driver so I can leave it down for weeks at a time.

I have gone probably 50ish with the 'shield lowered, and despite what many (who have not tried it) seem to think, you do not get hit with an onslaught of insects. They get blown up and over you from the airflow. They will impact on the leading edge of the sound bar tho...I don't mean driving around town either. Backwoods country roads with all the bugs you will ever need- never got hit once.

And I agree- I think Jeeps look awesome with the 'shield down

PS There is a dude on here that's has pix barreling thru traffic at 60mph with it down. Myself I like it up at speed and down in the mud (insert somphmoric joke of choice here).

Also there is a video a guy made of how to lower it. You may find it helpful

Last edited by Dubya; 06-21-2009 at 09:04 PM. Reason: Fixed pic
Old 06-22-2009, 11:29 AM
JK Newbie

Never did and never will. Too much work.

Quick Reply: winshield