Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Windshield Lights in the car wash?

Old 04-11-2009, 06:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Windshield Lights in the car wash?

Ok, just got my KC slimlights on windshield mounts...and now the question is can i go through the drive through car wash with them? Or do i always have to do the hand sprayer? Thanks!
Old 04-11-2009, 06:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ProphetMan
Ok, just got my KC slimlights on windshield mounts...and now the question is can i go through the drive through car wash with them? Or do i always have to do the hand sprayer? Thanks!
I learned the hard way not to trust drive thru carwashes. If you go to the kind that has all the brushes and mop looking things, they'll screw up lots of things by wrapping themselves around them. I had them completely break my driver's side mirror off.

If I can find a drive thru that has an automatic sprayer by itself I go that route.
Old 04-11-2009, 07:39 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by DiscoDave
I learned the hard way not to trust drive thru carwashes. If you go to the kind that has all the brushes and mop looking things, they'll screw up lots of things by wrapping themselves around them. I had them completely break my driver's side mirror off.

If I can find a drive thru that has an automatic sprayer by itself I go that route.
X2 when i was a wee lad i worked in a car wash!!!!!used to love vehicles come out different then they came init was a highlight of our day DONT DO IT THEY ARE NOT RESPONSABLE FOR DAMAGE to aftermarket parts go and blast off the heavy stuff at the local do it yourself take it home and finish it off!!!!!
Old 04-12-2009, 06:41 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ProphetMan
What the heck is a "car"? For that matter, what's a "wash"??

If you really want to cleanup the JK, do it by hand! "Owner is responsible for any damage".
Old 04-12-2009, 07:10 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You will be fine with a "Touchless-Wash"....like a few of the posters don't go through the "Soft-Cloth wash"....very bad... not JK friendly that has accessories!!!
Old 04-12-2009, 04:26 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by DiscoDave

X's 2.

Also too many nooks and crannys for an automatic wash to clean properly.

I like the do it yourself places with pressure washers and foaming brushes
Old 04-12-2009, 08:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

yea i do it myself

its fun

its like making love ... but to my jeep
Old 01-25-2012, 08:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

Really sucks when its 35 degrees out though!

I've found those "touchless" washes don't clean JACK. Especially on a JK.
The last time I went through one, I bought the Luxury wash version, I swear my Jeep came out dirtier than when I went in!
I had to drive to the hand wash area and dig out some quarters, get out in the cold and scrub the jeep again.
PS. DON'T get road salt on your carpet
Old 01-25-2012, 01:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

anyone ever try going through a car wash without a top or doors on?
Old 01-25-2012, 01:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

I've got the Hella Black Magic 500's on my windsheild brackets and I've taken mine through the touchless car wash several times without any problems.

Quick Reply: Windshield Lights in the car wash?