Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Will putting a "hybrid" sticker on keep the greenies off your back?

Old 12-18-2012, 10:57 AM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by RedneckJeep
This has always been my contention. If oil is made up from dead animals and such decomposing, then it stands to reason that it's a VERY renewable resource, no? I wouldn't think dead dinosaurs wouldn't have the monopoly on the oil makin.
The natural oil resources will be used up. The only question is when.
We use it much faster than new oil fields can be created.

Last edited by GJeep; 12-18-2012 at 11:12 AM.
Old 12-18-2012, 11:10 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by km5er
People, I have a Jeep JK (second jeep) and a Prius. Some of the stuff that you read (and has been repeated on this thread) is pure BS..... If more of use had them perhaps the Arabs and US oil cartel would not be sticking it to us at $4.00 gallon.....
The Prius, or any other hybrid, does NOT save fuel, and does NOT contaminate the environment any less than a non-hybrid car.
It's batteries are charged with electricity that was made by... burning fossil fuel.

A Prius just moves the emissions from the exhaust pipe to the power plant chimney.

(Nuc power production is another story, with it's own huge contaminating waste issues.)

Last edited by GJeep; 12-18-2012 at 01:32 PM.
Old 12-18-2012, 11:57 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by km5er
..... What we need are small nuclear power plants that would fuel the jeep for 40 years!.....
The NASA Mars vehicle has a tiny nuclear power source... and it's 6x6...

Last edited by GJeep; 12-19-2012 at 05:45 AM.
Old 12-19-2012, 10:13 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by GJeep

The Prius, or any other hybrid, does NOT save fuel, and does NOT contaminate the environment any less than a non-hybrid car.
It's batteries are charged with electricity that was made by... burning fossil fuel.

A Prius just moves the emissions from the exhaust pipe to the power plant chimney.

(Nuc power production is another story, with it's own huge contaminating waste issues.)
Hehehehe...just joining this discussion and mostly watching from a distance with my sun shades on.

My Jeep gets about 21mpg which is apparently deplorable and punishable by murder according to eco-hipsters, but when you look at Jeeple-people as a whole, a lot of them are more environmentally conscious than their eco-hipster counterparts. It's just not always apparent. That's true for my household, anyway.

I truly can't think of a more miserable way to spend my money than by buying a green-built condo in the city versus fixing up an older home, buying or owning a Toyota Prius, etc. But that's what's great about this country...personal responsibility reigns supreme, and you are free to drive whatever the hell you want.

In terms of eco-facism, I think people are too quick to concentrate on what people drive, versus the lifestyle they lead and their relationship with mother nature.
Old 12-19-2012, 12:16 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by jk_sea
.....In terms of eco-facism, I think people are too quick to concentrate on what people drive, versus the lifestyle they lead and their relationship with mother nature.
That's SO true !

Quick Reply: Will putting a "hybrid" sticker on keep the greenies off your back?