Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Will putting a "hybrid" sticker on keep the greenies off your back?

Old 05-22-2008, 02:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"I am severly disabled, my friend is missing a leg, and I personally witnessed 5 of my closest buddies get waxed" I'm sorry to hear about that and thank you for your service. .....but, I still think you're trying to make black and white where there is a lot of gray. "the point is that Bush is an extremist, Hillary and Obama are also extremists on the left side" Hillary and Obama are closer to being moderates than Bushy or McCain will ever be.

But anyway, back to the topic of stickers to fend off greeny extremists. I may have to buy one of these to put on my jk just so I can laugh to myself every time I see it.
Old 05-22-2008, 04:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by vs_jk
"

But anyway, back to the topic of stickers to fend off greeny extremists. I may have to buy one of these to put on my jk just so I can laugh to myself every time I see it.
You know...when gas gets to $5 or $6 a gallon...maybe the sticker will loose its humor

Glad I only drive 9 miles to work.....
Old 05-22-2008, 05:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by km5er
Oh yeah.....I have you know I have a 50 cal machine gun and an ejection seat in my Prius. Wanna go for a ride?

SEMPER FI!

Does the car jump back with the recoil of the machine gun??
Old 05-22-2008, 08:03 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by JKJeeper
We could always build a cover for the back area that looks like a big battery...
Maybe paint a copper top on a tuffy security box in the back?

Or stick a bunch of photo stickers of D cell batteries to a tuffy security box in the back?
Old 05-23-2008, 09:46 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Move to LOUISIANA or TEXAS !

Originally Posted by Duma3421
I really like the sticker about using the gas the hybrids are saving... but I don't like the soda filled seats and pin stripping (made by car keys) that I imagine the sticker would bring.
I believe I can personally guarantee the safety of your vehicle from pinheads here (Louisiana) or in Texas (except maybe Austin); and probably Oklahoma.

While none of us like high gas prices, the economy is booming for the states that pump oil & gas!

One of my friends owns a small production company. They plan on buying a new SUV soon and his 2nd grader said, "Maybe we should get a hybrid."

He just looked at him and asked, "Son, do you understand what I do for a living?"

I actually have no problem with hybrids. If I could add a couple of D-Cells to the back of the JK & double the gas mileage (like the new Tahoe's) I'd probably do it. But, it would be purely from a cost-savings perspective. When my farther-in-law starts telling me the world is warming, I just point out that it will open more farm land in Canada and a warmer Louisiana can grow more sugar cane to convert to gasoline or diesel.
Old 06-14-2008, 06:05 PM
JK Newbie

I absolutely love the hydrocarbon sticker...ordered them yesterday...the pinheads here on the East Coast won't figure them out, and will think my 18 mpg sweetie is one of them...greenies rank right up there with the PETA idiots when it comes to common sense...it's wonderful now that we've had some rain-free days...the top's been off and it's great to see the trees looking up thru the open top and the moon at nite...hey people...TAKE YOUR TOP OFF!
Old 06-15-2008, 06:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

The greenies here like to key suv's...they scratched the crap out of my 03 Rubi and my Tahoe. So, I've order these:
http://www.fullflexint.com/store/pro...es&SubCatID=56

Although I won't be running E85, the JK does have Ethanol in every tank-full, so it's not a complete lie, lol. And, should anyone question why I'm filling up at a gas pump instead of E-85, I'll tell them that I make Ethanol in my garage and am required by law to mix in some gas (which is what I plan to do should Jeep ever produce a Diesel or Flexfuel JK).

I'm still waiting for a brave soul to install one of these aftermarket Ethanol conversion kits. I'd be willing to risk it, so long as someone goes first
Old 06-20-2008, 12:42 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by BaltChief
I like for them to know that I appreciate all their efforts to save fuel, so I put this on mine.......

i'd expect that from Hummer owners.... but not from you cats!

Im a greenie and Jker and sorta kinda proud of it.
Old 08-16-2012, 04:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

"here's your hybrid sticker lol"
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3338740694.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	35.8 KB
ID:	355014  
Old 08-16-2012, 04:15 PM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Here's my argument FWIW... the energy output to produce a JK is much less than to create say a Prius... sure, the Prius gets better mpg, but the estimate is something like 5 years before it begins to payoff the total energy consumption to build it and use it. After approx 5 years the hybrid starts to pass the JK for least amount of total energy consumed. The kicker is that most Prius or hybrid owners trade in and buy/lease a new one every 3-5 years to get a newer model that runs "more efficient". So what about the old one? Buying that used hybrid is actually saving more energy rather than buying new, but most people don't buy 5+ year old hybrids. They all want the newer more efficient technology... which costs more energy to produce.

What about us Jeepers?... most of us keep our rigs a LONG time. On average, over 10 years. And when was the last time you saw a wrangler at a junkyard... almost NEVER. That's saying something. If they ever made a hybrid JK with power comparable to a HEMI, I would consider driving one, so long as it doesn't sacrifice the things that I love most about Jeeps and what they can do. I think most of us would agree.

Jeeps are better all around for the planet. Period.

Quick Reply: Will putting a "hybrid" sticker on keep the greenies off your back?