Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.
View Poll Results: Should you sell it before it's not worth anything?
Yes
7.95%
No
92.05%
Voters: 176. You may not vote on this poll

Will our Jeeps soon be obsolete and thus hold no value?

Old 09-29-2008, 05:03 PM
Sponsoring Vendor
Alpha Expedition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by spartan99
Will our Jeeps soon be obsolete and thus hold no value, meaning it's time to sell sell sell?

Why sell something you have just bought???

If you have paid in cash...then its more of okay. But if you have financed the vehicle...than it would not be a wise idea...

Don't even worry something that has not even close to happen. Enjoy what you have now, enjoy while you can and when the problems come than figure it out then.

Last edited by MBATF; 09-29-2008 at 05:06 PM.
Old 09-29-2008, 05:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Bighaeb
U can believe what you want, but watch. It's going to happen. Current (unreleased) technology is way higher than 50MPG. In our lifetime, I think 50 MPG will be laughable.
The only way I see it that you can break 50 MPG would be to get rid of what makes it a jeep. Get rid of the frame, make it uni body. Get rid of the solid axles and massive transfer case. Loose the 4 doors, loose the rear seat all together.

Make it weight half what it does now and you got a shot .

That's not a vehicle that I want to drive. I don't care if gas was a $100 a gallon I would keep my CJ7 and drive it every so often just for the fun of it.
Old 10-09-2008, 12:56 AM
JK Newbie

Want to look at reality for this thread? I just looked up the value of the cj-5 I used to own. The well know website states original msrp $5,588. Current value avg = $7,950, high = $11,880. Or google "austin" and "Jeep" and look at the site's current inventory!
Old 10-09-2008, 04:39 AM
JK Newbie

Wow guy, if you bought a JK or any other car for that matter for investment purposes, then you SERIOUSLY need to go get yourself a financial advisor. Vehicles are terrible investments.

Yes, Jeeps historically hold their value, but for investment purposes that isn't good enough. That is the same as burying your money in the back yard and then digging it up later. You'd be better to sell your jeep now and invest the money in some high yield assets.

I bought my Jeep because I thought it was awesome. I still do think it is. I don't give a crap if it is worth two cents in two years, because I'm not selling it. My 8 month old son is already eyeballing it...

I still have a 1977 F250 Camper Special that gets 8-10 MPG. And I still drive it and it is still awesome.

It is a pipe dream to think that electric cars will be wide spread in two years. The Volt that is supposed to be out in 2010 is going to be priced in the upper 40s. Most folks just won't buy that.

Relax and take that thing on a trail and get some good dents to give it some character.

Quick Reply: Will our Jeeps soon be obsolete and thus hold no value?