Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Will Gecko be a Pearl coat?

Old 02-22-2012, 09:13 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here's an official Jeep press shot of the 2012 Mountain Edition in what can only be Gecko Green. I gotta say, it's mighty damn bold. I was hoping for something with a teensy bit more yellow or silver in it. Something just a bit mellower than this. Hopefully this is just photoshopped, and not representative of the final shade of Gecko.

Old 02-22-2012, 09:22 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by JK-Tex
Here's an official Jeep press shot of the 2012 Mountain Edition in what can only be Gecko Green. I gotta say, it's mighty damn bold. I was hoping for something with a teensy bit more yellow or silver in it. Something just a bit mellower than this. Hopefully this is just photoshopped, and not representative of the final shade of Gecko.

That bumper is the EuroSpec. Might be different for u.s.
Old 02-22-2012, 09:57 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MrDillClinton
That bumper is the EuroSpec. Might be different for u.s.
That model is Euro only. It has the 2.8 diesel engine in it.
Old 02-23-2012, 04:10 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by GeckoJK
That model is Euro only. It has the 2.8 diesel engine in it.
There's no way Gecko Green will be a different color in Europe than here. A paint code is a paint code. It's possible this is not Gecko. But if it is Gecko, then it's the same Gecko we'll be getting.
Old 02-23-2012, 06:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by GeckoJK

Mine is a soft top with half doors, black flares.
I'm so pissed I was told when I bought my jeep that half doors were an add on and I can't replace the full doors. Hear so many people getting their half doors with their jeep. If this gecko green looks good I'm trading mine in and or I want that 2.8 diesel engine.. Droools.
Old 02-23-2012, 12:07 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SpoonJK
I'm so pissed I was told when I bought my jeep that half doors were an add on and I can't replace the full doors. Hear so many people getting their half doors with their jeep. If this gecko green looks good I'm trading mine in and or I want that 2.8 diesel engine.. Droools.

Not sure what you're saying here.

I have half doors on my 08 JKU Rubicon. There is no reason you can't order (or buy used) a set of half doors and throw them on your jeep.

I've seen both the website and the brochure that showed Gecko and it was a much more "mint" color than what you're showing here. I prefer the bolder green but I don't think that is the color you'll end up with. I'd also heard gecko was cancelled as a color so it's good to hear that is not the case.

I bought my jeep in black so I can re-paint it when a good color comes out. I'll be painting mine next year in Crush. Awesome color. If this green is as strong as the pic, I'd consider that color as well.
Old 02-23-2012, 12:31 PM
JK Super Freak

Here's a mock-up someone did using the paint chip on Jeep's website. I dig it.

Old 02-23-2012, 02:50 PM
JK Newbie

I've got the unlimited 2012 rubicon in gecko on order, should be here in a month or so. I'll be posting many angles and many pictures if nobody else has once I get it. Black top black fenders. Can't wait. It should be a fairly loud colour based on the paint chip and samples i've seen on jeep.ca
Old 02-23-2012, 02:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BKGM Jeepers

Not sure what you're saying here.

I have half doors on my 08 JKU Rubicon. There is no reason you can't order (or buy used) a set of half doors and throw them on your jeep.

I've seen both the website and the brochure that showed Gecko and it was a much more "mint" color than what you're showing here. I prefer the bolder green but I don't think that is the color you'll end up with. I'd also heard gecko was cancelled as a color so it's good to hear that is not the case.

I bought my jeep in black so I can re-paint it when a good color comes out. I'll be painting mine next year in Crush. Awesome color. If this green is as strong as the pic, I'd consider that color as well.
Simply I wanted half door only.
Old 02-23-2012, 03:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Gecko will be loud.... Like Dozer and Crush!!!

Quick Reply: Will Gecko be a Pearl coat?