Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Will an ARB bumper + Goddies fit in the back of a 2 Door?

Old 07-16-2012, 08:58 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Will an ARB bumper + Goddies fit in the back of a 2 Door?

Hi guys,

I realized as I am putting together my shopping list of what to pick up from the border ... I drive a 2 door. Now while 2 doors are super awesome, they do lack a bit in the interior space department. The plan is that myself and the girlfriend go on a few days trip to the states, spend a couple days seeing the sights and drive back with my goodies. My goodies are going to consist of an ARB Deluxe front bumper, Maxtrax, Oil pan skid plate and a couple duffel bags of gear and clothes. Now I'm generally a packing guru and wouldn't think twice but the one thing that concerns me is the ARB bumper. Since it is the width of the Jeep I would assume that just a little at an angel it should fit fine no?

Anyone with some experience who had to haul there goodies and didn't have it shipped to there door? Should note that I don't have a rear bench in the Jeep so there is a fair bit of space.
Old 07-16-2012, 09:28 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I brought my full-width Mopar winch bumper home in the back of a 2 door JK with the back seat out. Can't remember exactly how - might have had one end up on the center arm rest. Its a long sucker; had it out of the box.

Also brought my PSC brawler rails home in the same rig. They fit completely behind the seats.

I learned this weekend that a boxed rear track bar is too long to fit in back without going corner-to-corner.

Good luck with it!
Old 07-16-2012, 10:59 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Where do you plan on buying it? You could always lug some tools with you, install it at the hotel, and junk the stocker. and if you plan on keep that, its bound to be smaller than the arb, so it should fit better in the back.
Old 07-17-2012, 05:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

At the very least you will have to remove the back seat, and perhaps set on top of the console
Old 07-17-2012, 07:22 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jbaskin28
Where do you plan on buying it? You could always lug some tools with you, install it at the hotel, and junk the stocker. and if you plan on keep that, its bound to be smaller than the arb, so it should fit better in the back.
Planning to get it from North Ridge and sent to the shipping outlet in Montana. The thought crossed my mind of installing it at the hotel but don't want to be stuck with half a bumper if I have issues putting the ARB on or taking the stocker off. Would save more $$ at the border though
Old 07-17-2012, 07:26 AM
JK Super Freak

Can you rent a small trailer from where you are and bring it with you to haul your stuff? It would make it a lot easier and you wouldn't have to spend so much time worried about room.
Old 07-17-2012, 08:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jbaskin28
I'd go with this plan.
Old 07-17-2012, 08:44 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

It will fit take a blanket and put rest it on the center console bewteen the seats
Old 07-17-2012, 09:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

My ARB just managed to squeeze into my JKU, cant imagine there will be much room in the 2dr
Old 07-17-2012, 09:50 AM
JK Junkie

You could do the bumper swap in less than an hour. Especially if you tell someone you'll give them the stock front for their help. Tell them to bring a floor jack. Floor jacks are a God send when installing bumpers.

I would help, but you aren't picking it up near my borderland.

Quick Reply: Will an ARB bumper + Goddies fit in the back of a 2 Door?