Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Wild Boar Fast Back

Old 12-04-2011, 06:48 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I haven't heard of them until I saw this "Lazarus thread". ;-)

I like the idea of transparent, or sun-roof type, front freedom panels. Recently got two old panels for an experiment. Just did not have time to do it yet. Find it interesting that Mopar did not come up with one yet. For what I read here many people would also like it.
Old 12-07-2011, 08:33 AM
JK Newbie

I find it hard to believe that no company has created a T-top with storage for the panels for Unlimited. Or at least make them small enough to store behind the seats. What about a top that breaks in thirds and the T's fold up and over the center? Then they would not even have to be 'removed' or take up any interior space and are available to immediately put back on. And if someone does this, make a fastback option too!

(of course, this may be like using too much common sense and asking Chrysler to improve all wranglers to come stock with 35's and 4.10)
Old 01-23-2012, 12:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

id def buy the fastback hard top if you could use the factory freedom panels, would be a nice option to keep cost down.
Old 01-23-2012, 07:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Kinda surprising that this thread became a zombie thread from the dead.

I actually called them today inquiring about the JKU T-top version. And as everybody else said, the price is just too steep when compared to Mopar. $3,800 for the T-top version with power rear wiper (I do a ton of muddin' as part of my job so this would be helpful). Plus I have to get the $200 wiring harness from Jeep for the wiper. I called Jeep the other day and s factory, dealer installed hard top is only $3,495. Just way too much disconnect between aftermarket and stock. I may even try to find a junkyard one and have it cut down. Not saying I have the tools or expertise but I'm sure I can find someone that does.
Old 01-24-2012, 05:10 AM
JK Newbie

Maybe it's a production issue on cost verses sales. I bet if they knew they could sell enough at a lower cost, they would still make profit on volume. It's not against the law to take pre-orders based on a certain price point! Put up a price people like and the number of pre-sales required to hit that price before charging people, like kickstarter. The public already likes the product, no argument there.
Old 01-24-2012, 05:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by toober
Maybe it's a production issue on cost verses sales. I bet if they knew they could sell enough at a lower cost, they would still make profit on volume. It's not against the law to take pre-orders based on a certain price point! Put up a price people like and the number of pre-sales required to hit that price before charging people, like kickstarter. The public already likes the product, no argument there.
Economies of scaled is a great thing. There are some marketing suggestions though. Granted, if you search on google "jeep jk hardtop" they show up in the top 5 hits. But just remove "jk" from that search string and they don't even show up on the first page. Yes, I know they cater to JK's but ask most people that aren't Jeep fanatics if their Jeep is a TJ, YJ, JK or whatnot and I would say most wouldn't know. Then you get calls asking "Hey can you make this top for my Jeep?" You generate interest all across the Wrangler spectrum. Most of the R&D is done. Just some reverse engineering to take a JK top to a CJ or any other Wrangler.
Old 01-24-2012, 07:52 PM
JK Newbie

We all know how rumors go, so easy on the messanger. I heard another company came out with a similar top but that was short lived once wildboars attorneys caught wind. I just sold my 07 JKU that had the WB top and I loved it. I'm in the process of picking up a 2012 JKU and would like to get another WB top but I'm not sure if Im willing to spend that kind of $ again. I know its a while away but there is supposed to be a new top or two on debut at this years Sema show.

Quick Reply: Wild Boar Fast Back