Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Wild Boar Fast Back

Old 01-11-2008, 12:34 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I gotta say, i like it in a hardtop way better than in a softop. Either way, for that kind of money, i would imagine you could buy a bestop hardtop and have a body shop chop it up for you and fiberglass it back together and make your own for the same price. not worth it if you have to buy the bestop hardtop i guess... but if you already have a hard top, now we're talking. or if you're good with fiberglass, and a glass cutter, you could make your own. No minor task of course, but certainly not impossible
Old 01-11-2008, 12:52 PM
JK Newbie

Just found out that they will be coming out with a soft top version in about a month or so....curious to know what that might be going for (no pricing available just yet).
Old 01-11-2008, 03:10 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

for that price i would want more space and not to be losing space
ok add a bump up like a discovery and and a straight down back
add at least 8 cubic feet then ya might pay it.
Old 02-29-2008, 09:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

I want one, but there is NO WAY I'm spending $3500 for the T-top model.

If/when it comes down to the Mopar/OEM price range I will consider buying it.
Old 03-01-2008, 03:54 AM
JK Junkie

For $3500 they better paint it to match, deliver it to my house in an enclosed trailer, install it, and take me out to a crab dinner. And then it would still be too expensive. I had my heart set on one, till I found out the price.

Last edited by kntr; 03-01-2008 at 05:31 PM.
Old 03-01-2008, 05:11 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry Guy's,

I dont like this "Slant Back" look at all, they could be selling that thing for $500 installed and painted to match. I would still have no interest in it at all.

Guess iam to "Old School". Heck, It took me almost a year to get use to the new (07-08) look of the JK.

In fact to me , if you think people look at your (our) JK's like Hummers now put one of those slant back looking things on and, Whala, instant Hummer. Just my 2cents......
Old 03-01-2008, 05:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

Wild boar is a sponsor here, maybe they can answer the question. I'm in the market for a hard top, why should I pay more (alot more) than a normal freedom top (which will be covered by my warranty) for actually less room with the same features. Please don't say because it looks cool, and jeepers are addicted to modding their rigs regardless of cost.
Old 03-01-2008, 06:19 AM
Fallen Hero

And Mr Wild Boar are you making a transparent one?
Old 03-01-2008, 08:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

Mine's supposed to ship tomorrow. I'll post up some pics when it comes in. It's not the T-Top model, just a full hard top. I personally don't like all the 3 piece stuff... I'm kinda an "all or nothing" kinda guy... haha. But anyway, this thing is supposed to come with a really awesome sound-deadening liner and stuff too... And you might could do some neat things with a one-piece hard top regarding mounting electronics (I don't plan to, though.)
Anyway, I know the liner probably won't change any of your opinions about the pricing, but I figured I'd throw that out there.
And no crab dinner on delivery... but they do box the whole thing up if that counts for anything. I'll try to include pics of the packaging, if anyone's concerned about having a damaged hood shipped. Should be in by the end of this week or early next week.
Old 03-01-2008, 08:15 AM
Fallen Hero

I looked on there web page I did not see a hard top for a 2 door, not to say they did not make one I just did not see one. Does anybody know if they make a 2 dr model?

Quick Reply: Wild Boar Fast Back