Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Wife's gonna murder me...

Old 03-24-2011, 07:33 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

looks like its time for some half doors
Old 03-24-2011, 07:55 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lol, now you can post up on the "scars" thread.
Old 03-24-2011, 08:15 AM
JK Super Freak

Making a mental note what NOT to do when i take my doors off. Im sure your wife will be understanding and not be to rough on you. "good luck"
Old 03-24-2011, 08:17 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by NH-JK
A good body guy can fix that cheaper than a door. Even if he couldn't, he can get you a used door from a body shop parts locator cheaper than a pair of factory doors. All body shops have the locator web site on there computers. They use them to get used parts that are approved by insurance companies for insurance jobs..... There cheaper and therefor they make more profit.

You could always get the rugged ridge half doors.... North ridge just got a bunch.... I think there under a grand....
Rugged Ridge for a 2dr JK is over $1200 shipped. So not cheaper.
Old 03-24-2011, 03:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

Yeah, half doors are not happening - then I'll have just spent more on the JK, which would probably just get me in worse trouble. Wife's an Arab, so her temper is scary...haha.

You're right about the scars thread...where's that at?

I'm serious about the bedline idea though...thinking it might look kinda sick, and it'll hide the crack where the metal buckled.
Old 03-24-2011, 03:42 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by JDScott10
Yeah - they're all off now...but @$#%!!! I feel like I'm always doing something without thinking with this damn Jeep. ha...get all excited and buy something or cut something or whatever from ideas on this site, then look back and go...shoot...I could've done that cheaper or smarter. ha. In this case, I could've just asked my wife to help me...but I'm a dumbass.
I am the exact same way, impatient as hell. I get the idea in my head and jump right to it...sometimes it works out...but when it doesn't...I will definitely here it from my better half.
Old 03-25-2011, 02:54 PM
JK Newbie

Do what I do in those situations ... an expensive dinner, bottle of champagne and jewelry. We all know Jeeps are expensive!

Quick Reply: Wife's gonna murder me...