Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Wife's Bad Back and my JK

Old 06-15-2009, 09:06 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wife's Bad Back and my JK

My wife has a bad back and has told me she doesn't want to go on a family trip to Indiana in August cause the ride of the Jeep is too hard on her. Any suggestions on improving the seat/ride to help her out? It's a 6hr drive to our location. Heck, at this point I'd buy her a new air-ride seat if it would work!

Old 06-15-2009, 09:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

Buy her a plane ticket. Detroit to Indianapolis is fairly cheap.
Old 06-15-2009, 09:45 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by azeeb
Buy her a plane ticket. Detroit to Indianapolis is fairly cheap.
This.

The amount you spend on gas would probably equal it out anyways. National flights are cheap now.
Old 06-15-2009, 11:34 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Boy, I feel for yea.

My wife has the same issue, has had three back operations in the last 10mo. However, she did make the trip ftom NJ to Moab, UT. and back. 5123 miles.

But to be honest with you, she paid for it. In fact she is just starting to feel better. Good Luck...........
Old 06-15-2009, 12:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BARNO
My wife has a bad back and has told me she doesn't want to go on a family trip to Indiana in August cause the ride of the Jeep is too hard on her. Any suggestions on improving the seat/ride to help her out? It's a 6hr drive to our location. Heck, at this point I'd buy her a new air-ride seat if it would work!

send her pics? lol.
Old 06-15-2009, 03:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

If it was me I'd get a new wife.

Just kidding, my wife and I have been together for 22 yrs (since I was 17) this is the answer that she would expect rom me.

We drove ours fro VT to FL in Feb. definately a long trip but I've driven my F150s to NC/VA multiple times and was more comfortable in the JK (personal preference of course)

I've found that it's more cost effective to drive for us. Probably wouldn't drive with no navigator even thogh we have Mygig
Old 06-15-2009, 03:31 PM
JK Freak

Suspension Bucket Seats!

Its a WIN...WIN!!!
Old 06-15-2009, 03:45 PM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by srt-iz
Suspension Bucket Seats!

Its a WIN...WIN!!!
If it is the seats that are not working for here this would be a good suggestion. If it is the ride quality then you need a long arm lift and even possibly a coil over suspension.
Old 06-15-2009, 03:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Robar
If it is the seats that are not working for here this would be a good suggestion. If it is the ride quality then you need a long arm lift and even possibly a coil over suspension.
Yes, this is the correct action to take. Also, sometimes lighting upgrades and 37" tires with new wheels improves ride quality. A winch also helps smooth out the bumps.
Old 06-15-2009, 04:08 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rob7765
Yes, this is the correct action to take. Also, sometimes lighting upgrades and 37" tires with new wheels improves ride quality. A winch also helps smooth out the bumps.
X2. Hey look at my Sig, all the Mods must have improved the ride. That's my story and iam sticking to it.

Quick Reply: Wife's Bad Back and my JK