Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Wife wrecked the JK!!

Old 08-24-2008, 03:45 AM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Remember a B.I. claim (bodily injury) and your vehicle repair claim are two SEPERATE items. Don't be pressured into signing off on one to get action on the other. Remember that in the chain of command in an insurance company the ''claims handler''(who can stand alone or is part of a ''team'')is the person who you will be dealing with.The '' claims adjuster'' or ''damage estimator'' is the person who looks at your vehicle and deals with the shop. They normally have no authority to deal with the owner face to face. Let him write an estimate, Tell the shop manager that you will go over the estimate line by line with him before any work is done or parts are ordered. If you see anything you are not happy about on the estimate then tell the shop manager to get the esimator back out to rectify it. You can tie a diminished value claim to your bodily injury claim when you do your final settlement. Also, when looking at the estimate, MAKE SURE the crossmember repair or replacement labor is written as FRAME labor not body labor if you persue a diminished value claim. This also affects a Carfax report, if frame labor is listed on the estimate as body labor then frame damage won't show up on the Carfax report.P.S. A lot of delay in a claim is the person's at fault- their insurance company will take NO ACTION until they file a report.....

Last edited by TINMAN080; 08-24-2008 at 03:52 AM.
Old 08-24-2008, 09:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

great advise Gary!
Thanks for the input!
Old 09-05-2008, 01:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default Update:

Got Betsy back today! Had the top off until just a few minutes ago (Hanna's spittin' on Charlotte)...

The repairs look great, but I'm still meeting with the adjuster for the diminished value...

My true concern is "chewing" thru tires... So I hope the repairs are true!

Carla (my wife) is still not 100%. Her back hurts, but we don't think its the spine, instead muscle and nerve damage near her shoulder blade!?!? She taught her first Jazzercize class since the accident last night, but had to keep it easy. But I think she's improving.

This all seems so trivial with the news of 150, but we're a community, so I thought I'd share...
Old 09-05-2008, 02:37 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great to hear things are coming together.

Quick Reply: Wife wrecked the JK!!