Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Wife wrecked the JK!!

Old 08-19-2008, 07:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by atomicmecha
I can only imagine what that bmw looked like... hitting a tank with a trailer hitch sticking out like that. Must have been like in the movie Hancock where the train hit him.
I wish she had taken some pictures at the scene.
The tow truck dirver for the BMW said it (the BMW) was totaled.

Carla said it looked like death, but the girl driving was fine, although I'm sure she's feeling it now.

Carla started hurting Monday morn, and is still hurting. Doc said bruised ribs, etc. Funny how there is a delay in the pain reaction....
Old 08-19-2008, 07:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Glad to hear everyone's OK.

I guess 4500+ lbs of steel and plastic on a little vehicle says something about its strength!
Old 08-19-2008, 08:26 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by putnam dan
I don't agree with the impractical statement given here - I always try to leave a one car gap as it allows me to go around if he stalls out or just decides that parking is a good idea
Not an issue with one car. But imagine 10 cars at a light. If they were each required by law to have one car length gap between each car, you would now have a line 19 car lengths long. In some citys that can be an entire block. Then the last car could be stopping the preceeding block's traffic from proceeding if they have a light or stop sign. At a busy time you would be looking at grid lock.

And in reality and especially in a Jeep do you really need a full car lenght to pull out and go around a car in front?
Old 08-19-2008, 09:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

After making sure she was ok, I started to prepare her for the two scenarios, the front and the back. But, of course she was flustered, and thought I was being a jerk.

Glad to hear she is ok. But if she was upset by your coaching, I would recommend you rename your thread!!!
Old 08-19-2008, 10:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

Betsy sounds like a mules name
Old 08-19-2008, 10:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Rattler
Betsy sounds like a mules name
I've been calling my vehicle's, Betsy, since I've been driving.

I kinda like mules, they work hard. That fits the JK, right!?!?
Old 08-19-2008, 10:23 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Sgt P
I've been calling my vehicle's, Betsy, since I've been driving.

I kinda like mules, they work hard. That fits the JK, right!?!?
They go anywhere, too. But that makes a smelly mess.

A bit of Jeep history: The 1941 MB was a replacement for army mules though the army used both through out WWII

Last edited by berg; 08-19-2008 at 10:26 AM.
Old 08-19-2008, 10:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by berg
A bit of Jeep history: The 1941 MB was a replacement for army mules though the army used both through out WWII
I love fantastic, useless information!!

If the Army was using Mules, what did the Marines get? Goats? Mules close to retirement?
Old 08-19-2008, 10:59 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Glad to here that your wife is okay. Poor Betsy - but that does look repairable and perhaps upgrades are possible too ?!?!?

I hope your insurance co. will stand up for your wife, it does not seem fair for her to pay when she hit the exploder only after the beemer hit her IMO.
Old 08-19-2008, 01:21 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Robar
Just how did she contribute to the accident if she was struck from behind, which I am sure pushed her into the Explorer? Sounds like the BMW is at total fault.
ur supposed to stop far enough back to be able to see the other persons tires touch the ground. (not very many people do that, even i dont do that). so if ur stopped far enough back and your foots on the brake the car that hits you has to by flying in order to push you into the other person

Quick Reply: Wife wrecked the JK!!