Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Wife wants me to trade the jeep for a kia sportage!!! Wtf?!?

Old 05-04-2011, 06:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If she likes it so much, tell her to drive it then and leave your ride alone.
Old 05-05-2011, 04:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

Wow you had to overhear that your wife wants another kid? Think she might want to include you in on that decision other than saying you need to buy a family friendly vehicle? I don't understand the secret thing. My wife and I talk about everything and yeah sometimes we disagree but it all works out.

I had a 2006 Ford Five Hundred...boring f-ing car! We bought it to get better gas mileage than my truck which it did. I only got 20-21 at most going to and from work and 25 on a long trip. Then I find out my buddy gets 20 mpg in his 2008 JKU! So I could have all of this fun and get the same mileage!?!

So I told my wife I want to get a Jeep. She said but the car is so nice. I said OK you drive it and I'll trade your Trailblazer in on it (we both love her Trailblazer great truck for long trips). She said No go ahead and trade the car.

So we did. She and my daughter (my son was at a Boy Scout event and was pissed he didn't get to go) went with me to pick up the Jeep. Took it for a test drive and she said this is awesome lets get it! Of course my kids love it as well.

We take it everywhere and I get 18-19 going to and from work and I got 22 on a long trip in the mountains loaded down with ski stuff for four people. A little less than the car but I couldn't take the doors and roof off of the Five Hundred and I certainly didn't smile everytime I drove it nor did I get waves from other Five-Hundred drivers.

She fully supports my vehicle habit. Two Mustangs, my truck and my Jeep...yeah she's great.
Old 05-05-2011, 08:40 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by jonnyringo893
So the wife somehow got on this kia sportage kick from somewhere and now thinks i should trade in MY jeep which is paid off for this kia!!! However she of course would keep her acura that she loves becuase its a "family vehicle" where the jeep isnt and sucks on gas!! Lol maybe i should just trade her in.....
Yeah, def trade her in. When I was getting my JK, MY wife said if I got another Jeep, she'd leave me. Funny thing is, I don't hardly miss her....
Old 05-05-2011, 08:57 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ouch my wife knows better. She wanted a "famly vehicle" so we traded her cavalier for a Grand Cherokee, GC now has 2" RC lift and Wheel spacers.

Telling a Man what to do with his tools, (tool), veicle, and toys is a big NO NO!
Old 05-05-2011, 09:45 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Having known me since I was 15 years old (damn near 40 years), my wife knows better than to suggest I part with my Jeep. I did sell two of my cars last year, mainly because I was out of pole barn space, and no longer drove them anyway. That made her happy (and a little surprised I think).

love my wife, but work two jobs to earn over 80% of the revenue. Damn sure going to enjoy spending some of it on things that, while not practical, are fun for me. There needs to be balance, to maintain sanity.

So she would never expect me to part with a vehicle I was partial to. Excessive pressure to do such a thing might result in her living alone in the house, and me putting plumbing and heating in the pole barn, so I could enjoy my life and toys in peace.

I'd ride a horse to work before she got me to buy an little fracking Kia. Wait....could one cram a V-8 into it?

Last edited by Yankee; 05-05-2011 at 09:49 AM.
Old 05-08-2011, 07:49 PM
JK Newbie

Whoa....sorry to hear that. Maybe you can 'prove' to her that your Jeep is really the better car for your lifestyle? My fiancee was glad that I got one so we didn't constantly get her car dirty with dogs, camping gear, etc.

Quick Reply: Wife wants me to trade the jeep for a kia sportage!!! Wtf?!?