Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

The Wife is not into Jeeps

Old 03-31-2013, 04:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by red09
We wheel with several people who state their wives don't like off roading. One guy at work stated he sold his Jeep because of that very thing. Welp from seeing my rig at work and having been taken on several off-road jaunts the bug has bitten him again and he wants another Jeep. I chatted with is wife one day about life on the trail, she seems to be a player now. Just think her first off road experience was not a good one. Now that she understands Jeepin as a social event that is just held in several locations throughout a segment of non-paved, un-marked, sometimes wooded, most times not trails she is on-board. We even had one guy bring his wife on our last run, she normally doesn't not like the rock crawling portion, and she goes, "When is the next one?"

Think it is all in how they are "broken-into" it.

I am lucky in that my wife loves to go off-road and doesn't mind the mods as long as the bills are paid.

What I don't understand is their resistance to us spending money on it. My thoughts are they just don't like the money or our attention going to something other than them. Now, they can go drop two bills at the beauty palor, something that will fade the next time they wash their hair, that is okay and we can't b!tch about that but, drop two bills on your Jeep or something electronic and WOW... stand-by to stand-by. As the one gent said, spending money on this means I can't afford a mistress. Good come back.

end rant.

In the end I feel lucky to have a partner who enjoys the jeep and wheeling as much as I do.
I think you nailed it. The wife is jealous of my jeep. It is all I talk about, think about, etc.

She loves the outdoors. She seems to like the trail rides she just won't admit it.

Quick Reply: The Wife is not into Jeeps