Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

The Wife is not into Jeeps

Old 02-28-2013, 02:23 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by TripleBJK
Thanks for all of the input. It sounds like all my wife needs is a little more seat time and she will be hooked.
Shoot let her drive it.... Thats how I got my wife to love it.. Make her go into a small mud hole that you know she can get out of and once she completes the obstacle she will feel a rush!! That will get her hooked for sure.

You cant do that in a Sedan...
Old 02-28-2013, 02:27 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by firefighter53111
My wife hates my jeep. Only because she thinks I love it more then her and I spend a lot of money on it.
I know the feeling
Old 02-28-2013, 02:49 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im the first to admit, my wife picked our Jeep out, and is 100% responsible for getting me into Jeeps.

She's also the first to say only Jeeps should have spare tires on the gate, the others are just wanabees.
Old 02-28-2013, 02:52 PM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My wife loves my Jeep, going topless, door less, but she's not into off road play time at all.
Old 02-28-2013, 03:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

My wife loves it. She especially loves the looks she gets riding topless. The Jeep that is...... :-)

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2
Old 03-01-2013, 08:57 AM
JK Newbie

I think if your wife doesn't like your Jeep you should trade her in for a Japanese model
Old 03-01-2013, 09:03 AM
JK Newbie

My wife has her own Jeep........2012 Grand Cherokee.
Old 03-01-2013, 09:16 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

She hated my Jeep

She left

I have 3 Jeeps now!
Old 03-01-2013, 09:32 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Back in 07 my wife did not know I was buying a Wrangler, much less a decked out new Rubicon, until I called her at her work and told her I was on the way to pick it up. Then I told her we were pulling out savings to pay cash for it. I pointed out that it was the first brand new (non-motorcycle) vehicle I had ever bought for myself, while she had been driving brand new vehicles on leases every 3 years for a decade.

A little over a year later she was questioning why I was pulling out a motor with 14k miles on it to spend $16k to put a 6.1 hemi in. I asked her when I had ever owned anything on four wheels that did not come with a V-8 that did not eventually recieve a V-8. And also, since I worked two jobs I am going to play.

After knowing each other for 40 years and over 18 years of marraige, there is no mystery in how I am and I am a LOT tamer than in my youth. As long as she has what she wants/needs and the debts are paid I am going to have fun. I no longer skydive, drag race, or enjoy a 140 mph early morning expressway cruze on my crotch rockets......she is content that when I leave the house at daybreak on a weekend for my "vehicle" therapy, I am taking much less risks (usually) idling around in my Jeep.

My body is getting weaker, but darnit I do not feel old inside my head. Least I can do is have a Wrangler toy and she understands my needs.

And besides, we bought her a loaded 2012 Grand Cherokee, and she keeps saying "now I have a Jeep too!".
Old 03-01-2013, 12:03 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My wife wasn't a fan until we had a bad snow storm. However since getting her own Jeep (2012 Liberty) she would rather we take her's when we travel together.

I'll admit, the 2012 Liberty is super nice, powerful engine and more comfortable, but it still looks like a soccer mom vehicle.

Quick Reply: The Wife is not into Jeeps