Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

The Wife is not into Jeeps

Old 02-28-2013, 10:51 AM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I know a good lawyer. Should I have him draw up the divorce paperwork?

I'm lucky my wife loves the Jeep. She just hates the costs to have one customized. Plus her family is from South Georgia so it's all rednecks. Her stepdad has a CJ and I help him work on it when I'm down there. Then we go play in the red Georgia clay.
Old 02-28-2013, 11:35 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Bubblegoose1
My wife tolerates the Jeep's existence; and likes that I enjoy it. But she has no interest in it or going on any trails.
Ditto. Although my wife enjoys cars and has never owned an automatic. (Including 5 years in Atlanta.)
Old 02-28-2013, 11:48 AM
JK Freak

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by SaFFFari
Mine loves the jeep. She wants her own though.. Maybe after we pay this one off I'll pass it down to her and get myself the next generation wrangler.. :-)
X2. Mine likes the jeep because of all the waves, comments, and attention she gets when she's driving. Guys are usually pretty suprised to see a lady driving a big jeep with 4.5" lift and 35" tires. She wants her own though...Furious Fuscia I think it's called.
Old 02-28-2013, 12:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Runewolf1973
X2. Mine likes the jeep because of all the waves, comments, and attention she gets when she's driving. Guys are usually pretty suprised to see a lady driving a big jeep with 4.5" lift and 35" tires. She wants her own though...Furious Fuscia I think it's called.
My wife feels the same way about the Jeep. But she doesn't mind spending the money, it was her idea to get a bigger lift and didn't mind dropping 1,500 for a new RK 3.5 and shocks. She drives it during the week anyway. She lives 6 miles from work and I work 42 miles from home. I drive her Hayndai Sonata because it gets over 35mpg. She wants her own Jeep though. One of these days we'll pull the trigger and trade in the car. I think its funny she calls the Jeep "Big Blackie".
Old 02-28-2013, 12:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default She's all country

My wife loves it. If I didn't lock my jeep up in the garage she would drive it everyday.
Old 02-28-2013, 12:56 PM
JK Freak

My wife loves our jeep and drives it daily which is ok with me since I have a company truck. She said one day we will buy another one. Only thing she hates is me talking about upgrades I want to do to it every day because of all the awesome things I read in here to do.
Old 02-28-2013, 01:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

Wife likes mild wheeling but not hard core or rock crawling. The JKUR is hers, she will wheel it and expects me to take it on harder trails. Her first question was how fast can you make it not look like a soccer van. She gets mad when she doesn't get the Jeep wave.
Old 02-28-2013, 01:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

Wife LOVES the jeep, but because of her I, I got the automatic, otherwise I would have gotten the 6 speed. Making sacrifices for those I love.
Old 02-28-2013, 02:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks for all of the input. It sounds like all my wife needs is a little more seat time and she will be hooked.
Old 02-28-2013, 02:20 PM
JK Freak

My wife hates my jeep. Only because she thinks I love it more then her and I spend a lot of money on it.

Quick Reply: The Wife is not into Jeeps