Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

The Wife is not into Jeeps

Old 02-28-2013, 08:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wife

My wife and I went to Moab for EJS last year. It was the first "real" Jeep experience we both had. She had just as much
fun as I did. After a few trails, SHE actually said we needed a lift and bigger tires. Flash forward....now we have the Teraflex
2.5 inch coil spring lift and Toyo 35's with 4.88 gears, Teraflex front lower control arms, quick discos, and JKS trackbar. We
are headed back to Moab this April and she gave the OK for the winch and mounting plate. Ohhh...and did I mention she
kicks ass at first person shooters on the PS3? Love my wife!!

Old 02-28-2013, 08:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Bubblegoose1
My wife tolerates the Jeeps existence; and likes that I enjoy it. But she has no interest in it or going on any trails.

Oh well, she's still a keeper.
All kidding a side, she tolerates it as well. She knows I like it.
Old 02-28-2013, 08:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JeepJeremy
My wife and I went to Moab for EJS last year. It was the first "real" Jeep experience we both had. She had just as much
fun as I did. After a few trails, SHE actually said we needed a lift and bigger tires. Flash forward....now we have the Teraflex
2.5 inch coil spring lift and Toyo 35's with 4.88 gears, Teraflex front lower control arms, quick discos, and JKS trackbar. We
are headed back to Moab this April and she gave the OK for the winch and mounting plate. Ohhh...and did I mention she
kicks ass at first person shooters on the PS3? Love my wife!!

If I could get her to something like that I think she would be hooked. I am going to work on that.
Old 02-28-2013, 08:50 AM
JK Freak

Opposite here...my hubby just doesn't understand my obsession with my jeep. He thinks it's a waste of time and money. That's why I go to Rausch Creek alone.
Old 02-28-2013, 10:01 AM
JK Freak

If push came to shove, Jeep would be gone. Replaced by a RAM dually diesel pulling a 28' cigarette boat. She would play then
Old 02-28-2013, 10:22 AM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Bubblegoose1
If push came to shove, Jeep would be gone. Replaced by a RAM dually diesel pulling a 28' cigarette boat. She would play then
If your dreams get any richer, I may have to offer my condolences again.
Old 02-28-2013, 10:27 AM
Super Moderator

Received 83 Likes on 75 Posts

My wife used to hate mine, especially when I lifted it. But once they drive them things usually change. Now she loves Jeeps...
Old 02-28-2013, 10:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

My Ex wife hated mine. Didnt mind riding with the top down, but hated the trail riding and refused to go.

Please note - she's now my Ex wife.

Fast forward 16 months - my girlfriend Loves to trail ride and now has started to incorporate the "Jeep Wave" and "Drive by Jeep check-out" in to her daily routines.

Please note - this Does Not qualify her to be my next wife.
Old 02-28-2013, 10:46 AM
JK Super Freak

Mine loves the jeep. She wants her own though.. Maybe after we pay this one off I'll pass it down to her and get myself the next generation wrangler.. :-)
Old 02-28-2013, 10:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

My wife has said she hopes my next vehicle is a "decent vehicle", she doesn't feel the JK is in that category. If you're more used to luxury vehicles she's correct; the JK is pretty crude.

Quick Reply: The Wife is not into Jeeps