Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Wife and Jeep

Old 04-17-2020, 05:19 AM
Former Member

Received 142 Likes on 140 Posts

Agreed and jeeps are not good for trips either. We have three vehicles a Ram1500 4x4, Jeep Cherokee 4x4 and the Wrangler. Even now when family comes we uslly take the truck or Cherokee. The Wrangler is for us and for fun going to the beach or we used to go to the mountains.
Old 04-17-2020, 08:22 PM
JK Newbie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I see what you are saying. We know Jeeps are not comfortable. They're Jeeps lol. They're built to take a beating. Its a vehicle that will hold it's value. The joyride is not the same as a Mercedez or Tahoe would be. And they look big, but they're actually small. Usually Jeep drivers are safe drivers. Like I mentioned before, I have look online for statistics on Jeep Jk accidents and JKs were not even on the chart. And I haven't really seen any JK accidents on the road either. I do believe the JK can definitely take a beating if it was involved in a collision too.
Old 04-18-2020, 05:04 AM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 133 Likes on 119 Posts

Maybe I'm a fanatic but I like long trips in the Jeep. I did six hours in traffic in the 105* heat wave last summer with no roof or doors or shirt or shoes. I've done 10 hours straight overnight to keep the kid sleeping. I just love driving it. It's the easiest to park, I don't have to worry about it in the city, I don't have to worry about anything really. I don't find it particularly uncomfortable though I will admit that a whole day on the road in the sun and wind does get tiring. I only notice it when I get where I'm going though. I don't mind the ride or the clutch in traffic or the noise or any of the usual complaints. I also have a comfortable pickup, a GTI and a Honda CBR and the Jeep is my go-to daily. My ONLY gripe would be storage space, and that's only since I had the kid and started lugging around a rear seat. Other than the packing challenge, I think it's pretty much perfect.
The following users liked this post:
Orazi (04-18-2020)
Old 04-18-2020, 07:52 PM
JK Newbie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by icrashbikes
Maybe I'm a fanatic but I like long trips in the Jeep. I did six hours in traffic in the 105* heat wave last summer with no roof or doors or shirt or shoes. I've done 10 hours straight overnight to keep the kid sleeping. I just love driving it. It's the easiest to park, I don't have to worry about it in the city, I don't have to worry about anything really. I don't find it particularly uncomfortable though I will admit that a whole day on the road in the sun and wind does get tiring. I only notice it when I get where I'm going though. I don't mind the ride or the clutch in traffic or the noise or any of the usual complaints. I also have a comfortable pickup, a GTI and a Honda CBR and the Jeep is my go-to daily. My ONLY gripe would be storage space, and that's only since I had the kid and started lugging around a rear seat. Other than the packing challenge, I think it's pretty much perfect.
I agree. One day I will do a road trip from NY to CO. I can't wait.
Old 04-25-2020, 07:28 AM
JK Freak

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I'll share my experience with two little kids and a two door Jeep. As far as safety goes the Jeep scores fairly low in some tests. That aside. Being a good and thoughtful driver will go a long way towards mitigating some of that risk.

What I will share is that my kids absolutely love the thing. They beg to ride in the Jeep. They talk about going camping every single day. I mean it. Every single day. They ask to take the windows off. They ask to splash in the mud. They ask to go explore in the snow. My wife's Ford Fusion doesn't get that kind of attention nor does it bring those kind of smiles and joy. My son, who is only three, has already declared my Jeep his one day.

It is only a two door. So more bouncy than a four door, cramped, loud (soft top), and lacks all creature comforts. However. They absolutely love the thing. It is actually part of the family as odd as that sounds. While they may argue about getting in the car to go somewhere, when I say ok we will take the Jeep their attitude changes immediately.

Bottom line. Is it the safest vehicle? Nope. But for kids of any age it ranks right up there with a flashy sports car or old school hummer in terms of fun. I've got older nephews that beg to ride in it. Oh, don't even get me started about how much fun they have if the top is down.

So I choose a vehicle that can go anywhere and bring my family joy and memories. I drive like an old lady (it doesn't go fast anyway), and explore with my family any time we can! Whatever reservations my wife may have had have been washed away by too many times of fun!
The following 2 users liked this post by Machoo:
Orazi (04-25-2020), Rob Mirsky (07-20-2020)

Quick Reply: Wife and Jeep