Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Why The Soft Top is Better Than the Hard Top

Old 09-01-2008, 07:50 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If I were in the South-East I would agree. In fact if I was in Al, Ga,Fl.... the top would be off not soft (except in rain). However out here, the Freedom Top reigns for me. too much cold and snow to deal with weathered soft tops.
Old 09-02-2008, 05:22 AM
Ben
JK Freak

[QUOTE=Black08X;652724]My good friend CCDJeep will be especially pissed at me for posting this. lol But oh well, it's all in fun.

The soft top JK is better than the hard top. If you are considering a new JK, be a real man or for you girls, a hot mama, and get the soft top. Why?

I like softtops too, but I will not give you point number 2, I think the hard top is way easier to remove and replace, and way quicker, plus I have the option of having just the freedom panels on without having to buy a bikini top. Of course When I go out for work in the morning and it looks nice, it only takes me about 4-5 minutes to remove hardtop. But I have a yard in which to put it, and it only takes one person not two or three, in fact when people "help" me, it makes it harder.
Old 09-02-2008, 06:08 PM
jmc
JK Enthusiast

I am glad I have the option of having both. Unfortunately I haven't been able to remove my hardtop yet, after moving and all the storms and living in an apartment with no place to store the hard top. I am looking forward to being able to put the soft top on soon though.
Old 09-06-2008, 05:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Top?

They come with tops...???

Who knew?

Old 09-06-2008, 08:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

I think real Jeepers have Avatars that display their Jeep off road and on top of a rock or two.

I only bought a Soft Top, as I did not think I would ever need to have a Hard Top. I also try to drive as much as possible with the doors off and the top down, and if you are lucky, after a hard day’s work, you will come to find a nice present from a little birdie sitting on one of your seats.
Old 09-07-2008, 05:38 PM
JK Freak

I agree with this, but in February in Quebec: minus 40 + ICE + SNOW

The reality is that you need a hard top...
Old 10-02-2008, 08:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sixt7gt350
Real women ride in Jeeps.
Even better are women that drive them.

I shouldn't need to tell you the post-trail benefits of having a woman as co-pilot, unless you're headed to the mountains.....Brokeback Mountain, that is.
x2
Old 10-02-2008, 08:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

Location: Sitting on top of the world with my legs hanging free

One of the only things that suck about soft tops in the winter is dealing with the back window when it is cold and it is stiff/tight..

Other than that, I love the sound of all the snow sliding off the soft top when i take a sharp corner
Old 10-02-2008, 09:32 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by sixt7gt350
Cell phone call received with the top off:

"I can't hear anything you are saying. Are you in the Jeep?"
"YUP! BYE!"
That is another positive for the soft top durr!
Old 10-02-2008, 09:58 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ImmortalityLTD
Wait a minute, what guys need to carry a conversation while driving? Two dudes can drive an 8-hour trip without the need for more than a "wanna stop and eat?" "yup."

^^^^that is just a lie!
During an 8 hour trip you can also expect:

twice - "coffee?"
"yup"

one- "Gotta pee"
"K"

three - "WOW!!"
"UH-HUH!!"

and one - "Gotta pee NOW!!!"
" Ya, ok, me too"

You know,'real jeeper' guys never have to ask if the other wants to eat, that comes at the gas stop. Now if these guys are long time friends, that is the extent of conversation during the 8 hour drive. If they are kinda new friends(12 years or less), there are 2 other needed conversations.

"Man, STOP, I really gotta pee, NOW!!" (note: adding 'please' is a sign of weakness)
pause of 2 miles, "OK" point off into the distance "Right up there" drive for a minimum of 6.3 more miles before stopping, wait for pee-ee to start flow before adding "might as well since ya made me stop"

"coffee?"
"yup"

That is the problem with new Jeeping friends, they force you into some long winded conversations.

What was the original question?

Quick Reply: Why The Soft Top is Better Than the Hard Top