Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Why The Soft Top is Better Than the Hard Top

Old 08-24-2008, 12:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default reply

Your not a real jeeper if: 1. you have a savings account left.
2. you don't wave.
3. you worry about your hair getting messed up
4. you freak out over every little sound it makes
Old 08-24-2008, 01:28 PM
JK Super Freak

I'll tell you what though. When you've driven your off road vehicle through a live mine field and a bomb crater so big you could fill it with water and stock it with fish then come back and talk to me about your amazing off road prowess. lol[/QUOTE]

Yes, but did you do it with a soft top?
Old 08-24-2008, 02:51 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by sully151

Yes, but did you do it with a soft top?
Actually yes. HMMWV 998's are soft top. LOL

At least they were at that time. Now they've probably all been up armored.
Old 08-24-2008, 03:06 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Black08X
Dude, go back and read the very first sentence of the post that started this thread. Here, I'll help you bro, I'll bring it to you.

Now please tell the class what those last four words of that sentence are. Here I'll help you again.

Now persons with normal skills of logic and reason will correctly deduce that any "jokes" about "real jeepers" that might follow are just that a joike, as in all in fun.

Sheesh some of you boys get all bent out of shape over nothing. I think you must have frail egos or 1 inch peckers or something.

I espccially liked the "Chicken?" part. LMAO, That was priceless bud. What next, you'll double dog dare me? lol

I'll tell you what though. When you've driven your off road vehicle through a live mine field and a bomb crater so big you could fill it with water and stock it with fish then come back and talk to me about your amazing off road prowess. lol
Nope, a TRIPLE DOG DARE. I'm going right for the throat.

Clearly, somebody on this forum can give a joke and get upset when someone doesn't get it, but, oddly, overlooked the flapping tongue smileys on the return volley.
Oh well!

Oh yeah? Well just because you gave hummers to your fellow soldiers doesn't make you a Jeeper!

And for the contest of logic, reason, and manhood, 1 inch is longer than seven-eighths of an inch, so I still win!
Old 08-24-2008, 04:11 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by sixt7gt350
Nope, a TRIPLE DOG DARE. I'm going right for the throat.

The TRIPLE DOG DARE!!!!????

Oh no!!

Well, alright, lets see then.

You're not a "real Jeeper" unless you've driven in a thunderstorm with no top.
Hasn't happened, isn't going to happen. The great thing about soft tops is that once you take them off you can still take them with your right in your Jeep. So when the storm clouds gather you stop and put your top back on. That's called common sense. lol

You're not a "real Jeeper" unless you've driven with no top or doors in temperatures under 40° F.
Done that.

You're not a "real Jeeper" unless you've personally owned a CJ or Wrangler for more than 7 years AND more than 90% of the time you've had your driver's license.
Uhhh why? Following that criteria neither myself nor a good many of the guys here are "real jeepers". I don't figure I need to be some long in the tooth Jeep driver in order to "get it" you know. A person who is a Jeeper either is or isn't. The Jeep itself is just a representation of the person within, so even if I go drive a Corvette, I'm still a Jeep guy at heart. Some people are Jeepers, some aren't. Some just haven't realized it yet. Let's not hold it against them.

You're not a "real Jeeper" unless you've had to make a "field repair" to a critical component of your drivetrain.
Learn how wheel, you won't have to make repairs. LMAO

You're not a "real Jeeper" unless you've been offroading on/in mud, grass, snow, gravel, water, and sand
Been there, done that. Also I think you forgot a category that should be considered. One that I call "urban". This is using your Jeep to jump curbs, trample landscaping and cut through yards because the roads are blocked.
Old 08-24-2008, 04:16 PM
JK Jedi

Hard top for winter, no top all summer, soft top is useless
Old 08-24-2008, 04:21 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i have both tops, I use my soft top when im wheeling or just feel like running it, I use my hardtop for everything else.

The hardtop without the freedom panels installed is pretty much like running without a top at all....
I dont like the soft top because it offers 0 security. my job requires me to run wth things in my jeep that I cannot afford to lose (not because they are worth money, but because they are important)
Old 08-24-2008, 04:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by pearl-drum-man
Hard top for winter, no top all summer, soft top is useless
Soft tops for tropical storms, no top for sunny weather, hardtops are useless.
Old 08-26-2008, 09:10 AM
JK Freak

Default Tsk Tsk

I thought you fellers were smarter than that. Hard is always better than soft.
If memory serves me correctly.
Old 08-26-2008, 09:38 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by sixt7gt350

5. The front right bolt hole was drilled a bit off-center, but other than that, the top drops right into place and the bolt can be brought snug by fingertip.
Yours too?

Quick Reply: Why The Soft Top is Better Than the Hard Top