Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Why The Soft Top is Better Than the Hard Top

Old 08-24-2008, 07:30 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What's this real Jeepers stuff? I for one - consider myself a part of the club - albeit a new part. This real Jeepers thing needs to die.
Old 08-24-2008, 07:37 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by bmbl_b
What's this real Jeepers stuff? I for one - consider myself a part of the club - albeit a new part. This real Jeepers thing needs to die.
Amazing how people see what they want to see.

This guy for instance saw and apparently takes offense to comments about "real jeepers" but at the same time apparently skipped right over the part about the whole post just being all in fun.

Get over it pal. Musta hit pretty close to the mark to get you all worked up like that.
Old 08-24-2008, 09:40 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by LedZepp877
soft tops are great for summer, but, if you deal with snow and sub zero temps, there would be no hard top bashing
I live in Chicago and had no issues this past winter with the cold or snow in the soft top. We had a lot of snow and bitterly cold spells. The Jeep heaters are like furnaces so sometimes I'd actually get too hot.

The weirdest thing I've experienced with the soft top was during a sleet storm on the highway. I was going about 65 mph with a strong crosswind when the sleet really picked up. I started to feel tiny ice particles hit my head and could see them melting on the dash. I guess the ice was falling so hard that some had gotten through the canvas?

And I disagree that the soft top is hard to take down and put up. I can do both in less than 2 min and no tools required.

Go go soft top!
Old 08-24-2008, 10:34 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Black08X
Amazing how people see what they want to see.

This guy for instance saw and apparently takes offense to comments about "real jeepers" but at the same time apparently skipped right over the part about the whole post just being all in fun.

Get over it pal. Musta hit pretty close to the mark to get you all worked up like that.
You're not a "real Jeeper" unless you've driven in a thunderstorm with no top.

You're not a "real Jeeper" unless you've driven with no top or doors in temperatures under 40° F.

You're not a "real Jeeper" unless you've personally owned a CJ or Wrangler for more than 7 years AND more than 90% of the time you've had your driver's license.

You're not a "real Jeeper" unless you've had to make a "field repair" to a critical component of your drivetrain.

You're not a "real Jeeper" unless you've been offroading on/in mud, grass, snow, gravel, water, and sand.

Try those on for "real Jeeper" size, Mr. Black, let me know how well you stack up, then go take this quiz and report back.
Old 08-24-2008, 11:09 AM
JK Super Freak

dual top option.

in winter the hard top in summer the soft top so i get the best of both
Old 08-24-2008, 11:14 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by sixt7gt350

You're not a "real Jeeper" unless you've driven with no top or doors in temperatures under 40° F.

You're not a "real Jeeper" unless you've personally owned a CJ or Wrangler for more than 7 years AND more than 90% of the time you've had your driver's license.

You're not a "real Jeeper" unless you've had to make a "field repair" to a critical component of your drivetrain.

You're not a "real Jeeper" unless you've been offroading on/in mud, grass, snow, gravel, water, and sand.

Try those on for "real Jeeper" size, Mr. Black, let me know how well you stack up, then go take this quiz and report back.
Sure, ok, I'll get right on that. Whatever. You hang here and hold your breath. lol
Old 08-24-2008, 11:18 AM
JK Freak

You left out the mile high club.
And if I have dual tops am I concidered Bi?
Old 08-24-2008, 11:22 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Black08X
Sure, ok, I'll get right on that. Whatever. You hang here and hold your breath. lol
Chicken?

Or don't like it when your definition of "real Jeeper" is challenged?

The bar has been raised.........
Old 08-24-2008, 12:22 PM
JK Freak

Chicken?

Or don't like it when your definition of "real Jeeper" is challenged?

The bar has been raised.........

Dude, go back and read the very first sentence of the post that started this thread. Here, I'll help you bro, I'll bring it to you.

My good friend CCDJeep will be especially pissed at me for posting this. lol But oh well, it's all in fun.
Now please tell the class what those last four words of that sentence are. Here I'll help you again.

it's all in fun.
Now persons with normal skills of logic and reason will correctly deduce that any "jokes" about "real jeepers" that might follow are just that a joike, as in all in fun.

Sheesh some of you boys get all bent out of shape over nothing. I think you must have frail egos or 1 inch peckers or something.

I espccially liked the "Chicken?" part. LMAO, That was priceless bud. What next, you'll double dog dare me? lol

I'll tell you what though. When you've driven your off road vehicle through a live mine field and a bomb crater so big you could fill it with water and stock it with fish then come back and talk to me about your amazing off road prowess. lol
Old 08-24-2008, 12:36 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

#1 reason soft tops are better...........1/2 doors!!!
(No doors and No top are infinitely better)

Quick Reply: Why The Soft Top is Better Than the Hard Top