Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Why The Soft Top is Better Than the Hard Top

Old 08-23-2008, 03:56 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ronson
I haven't had my soft top on yet some one told me than it was cooler in the desert heat i don't know if i believe him.
I can admit that the hard top was developed by Hasbro, right alongside the EZBake oven.
Old 08-23-2008, 03:59 PM
JK Super Freak

You had me till the "(real Jeep)" bull. I have a four door with only a safari top, which is seldom on.
Old 08-23-2008, 06:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

Soft top, Hard top PLEASE!!! "Real jeeps" don't use tops...
Old 08-23-2008, 06:08 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I like either one depending on the situation. does that mean I'm bitop.
Old 08-23-2008, 09:26 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My hardtop is noisier than my soft top, it's been hangin in my geerage for months. My softy is a bitch to put up and down , so I either roll the back window up or take the whole thing off. It has been sitting in my dining room for a few months. I mainly run my sun-bonnet UUGGGHHHH! I hate that name but love the top.
Old 08-23-2008, 10:43 PM
JK Super Freak

I'm a tri-topper, so I can bat from both sides of the plate while pitching!

Seriously, If you have to park outside in the ice, the rear defroster on the hard top will pay for itself in one season. If it weren't for that, I'd probably run the soft top or sunbonnet all year 'round.
Old 08-24-2008, 03:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default reply

I had a hard top YJ and I can honestly say I like my soft top JK my better. The real jeep isn't suppose to be a family vehicle anyway with 4 door conviences etc.. One thing about my JK is the brakes are execellent! this thing stops on a dime.The jeep isn't suppose to be for familys to begin with. Thats why people buy minivans (loser cruisers).
Old 08-24-2008, 04:32 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by deltadawn
I had a hard top YJ and I can honestly say I like my soft top JK my better. The real jeep isn't suppose to be a family vehicle anyway with 4 door conviences etc.. One thing about my JK is the brakes are execellent! this thing stops on a dime.The jeep isn't suppose to be for familys to begin with. Thats why people buy minivans (loser cruisers).
Wooooeeee down there delta. I'll admit a Jeep Wrangler is not what would come to mind when I think of a family vehicle. I don't have any kids myself so I'm ok with that. But mister there is nothing remotely wrong with having a wife and kids and getting a minivan as a result of that. The loser is the one who looks down on such people and calls their minivan "loser cruisers".

That's the problem with too many guys these day. Too many of you think you're cowboys or something. Can't be tamed, can't be tied down. Whatever. In the greater scheme of things, having and raising children is a far greater accomplishment in life than buying a Jeep ever will be.
Old 08-24-2008, 06:36 AM
JK Freak

I think most all woman would disagree.
A lttle girl told her mother "It's hard to be good".
Her mother told her "It's gotta be hard to be good".
Old 08-24-2008, 07:12 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Black08X
In the greater scheme of things, having and raising children is a far greater accomplishment in life than buying a Jeep ever will be.

Quick Reply: Why The Soft Top is Better Than the Hard Top