Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Why are so many new modded Jeeps for sale?

Old 09-26-2010, 10:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was one of the first in my area to have a 4 door jeep. A lot of people I know went wild over it especially when I have the top off. So I think buy liking the idea of having a jeep, not actually owning a jeep, ex. leaking, noise, rough ride.....Me for instance I was needing a new vehicle and got a great deal in my jeep which was why I bought it. No plans on modding or lifting....But unlike everyone selling after owning one for a while, Im slowly starting to crawl over to the dark side and get down with the sickness.
Old 09-26-2010, 10:55 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

some people buy them and relize that it's not a bmw ride
Old 09-26-2010, 12:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

I can't believe nobody has said it yet.......It's a Jeep thing, you wouldn't understand.
Old 09-26-2010, 12:12 PM
JK Newbie

I definitely think the economy has a lot to do with it, and its a shame. I hope that anyone who is forced to sell their Jeep in order to feed their family can someday enjoy another Jeep. I saw my father sacrifice many "toys" to give my family a better life as needed, it was never easy.
Old 09-26-2010, 07:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

My thoughts:

1. With the choice of two or four-door models Jeep sells more JKs than previous models
2. JKs are less money than the TJ were
  • My new 09 JK-Unlimited Rubicon was $2500 LESS than I paid for my new '06 LJ Rubicon Unlimited
3. The four door took away from other SUV models
4. Its less expensive to mod a JK into a decent rig

Quick Reply: Why are so many new modded Jeeps for sale?